Taking over lease question - 15 eGolf SEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4cd

Hello, I wanted to check in with experts on what I should be aware of when taking over a lease.

Car in question is a 15 SEL eGolf with 22k miles.
I believe the transfer fee is $500, monthly payment of $210 with 11k miles left - 8 months.

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Get the Car inspected. Cost you about $300.
You know for the same price ($200/month) you can get new 2016 SEL.
Are you in a state where VW will service it? (It's not available in all states).

forbin404 said:
Get the Car inspected. Cost you about $300.
You know for the same price ($200/month) you can get new 2016 SEL.
Are you in a state where VW will service it? (It's not available in all states).

Thank you for helping, what would be the downpayment on such 16 SEL-$200 leases?
This would be my entry 8-month tryout, located in CA.

This link shows a few
http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/

I show Team VW is giving them out at $180/month
However because the 2016 SEL population is getting low, you would have to call.

If you are up North, the San Jose has 3 of them if I remember right.

Hmmm...tryout...see if you can get a better deal out of him.
Or since it is a tryout, get an SE lease from swapalease, the SEL just has a better interior than the SE does. (Oversimplifying I know but it's a tryout)
You do not want to buyout a lease, the residual values are too high compared to the used market.

The 2015 would annoy me with the bugs and dependency on carnet for certain settings.
But the 2016 SE won't always have quick charge capability since that came late in the year as an option.

But my 2016 SE is 195 per month so I don't know how much better off a deal you can get.

I would check to see if VW will let you transfer a lease within 12 months. I remember reading somewhere that it had to be 12+ months to transfer a VW lease, but I could be wrong.

Mine was $0 and $0 fees of any kind...as in, I gave my signature and drove off the lot.

ms4cd said:
8 months.

I don't think I'd worry too much about inspection with a lease duration of only 8 months. Doing so only drives the cost up to $300/month and at that point you'd better off looking for a 2016 SEL or just going with a 2017 and hoping the state $2500 rebate is replenished (assuming not over income limits)

johnnylingo said:
ms4cd said:
8 months.

I don't think I'd worry too much about inspection with a lease duration of only 8 months. Doing so only drives the cost up to $300/month and at that point you'd better off looking for a 2016 SEL or just going with a 2017 and hoping the state $2500 rebate is replenished (assuming not over income limits)
But then he would be financially responsible when he turns the car in 8 months.

Dents, cracks, tires, anything and everything.

Back