Floor mats Mk7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADV

Has anyone been able to find custom fitted floor liners for our cars? I rolled the dice and bought the Maxpider mats front and back for Mk7 before I took delivery of the eGolf. No big surprise, they don't fit. I was able make a minor correction to the rear set using scissors (they cut really nicely) and got them to fit quite well, but the front mats are too different to make them work.

I've contacted both Weathertech and U-Guard (maxpider), but have received a reply.
There are also the Tuxmats which have yet to look into.

Thanks folks!

I am also interested in getting some rubber mats for the winter. Please let us know if you find something suitable.

I ordered the OEM mats from ECStuning.com and they fit perfectly.

BUT make sure you CUT the hanging tab off with scissors... I tried to tear it and ended up tearing right down the middle of my brand new mats..
I guess that's what happens when you get excited and race through the labeling to get new parts installed

EDIT: PN is Mfg#: 5GE061500B041

Those look pretty good, but far inferior to liners which have been molded to fit up the sides of the foot wells. I hate it when road salt makes its way up the carpeted sides by capillary action. Looks bad and is almost impossible to remove without using a tonnage of water.

ADV said:
Those look pretty good, but far inferior to liners which have been molded to fit up the sides of the foot wells. I hate it when road salt makes its way up the carpeted sides by capillary action. Looks bad and is almost impossible to remove without using a tonnage of water.

I called weathertech about this and they said the volume of egolfs wasn't enough to make new molds as the floor pan is different then the gas golf.

We too bought the OEM rubber mats and used some gaffers tape from the mat onto the carpet. We used our wet/dry vac to clean them off occasionally over the winter, then pulled the tape and mats out for a good cleaning in the spring. It worked pretty well.

I called Weathertech and they said the floorpan of the egolf would require a new mold and the volume was too small to be cost effective for them.

I bought the OEM rubber mats and sealed them against the carpeting with gaffers tape. I used a shop vac to keep them clean over the winter and then pulled the tape off and did a good job cleaning them in the spring. It worked pretty well.

Are you referring to the 2017 egolf, or the older models?
If it's the 2017 egolf, it is based on the golf mk7.5 which won't be sold until 2018. Hopefully it will have the same floors space as the ice version and weathertech will make the molds we need.
I had OEM monster mats in my TDI sportwagen, but they too didn't cover the sides of the carpet. It's definitely one of the more stubborn areas to clean in a car.

Back