Ontario, Canada. Volks dealerships are inconsistent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok... so here are mine (canadian dollars). Lease for 36 months:

eGolf comfortline (no packages) : $35,995
Floor mats : $0
Locking nuts : $0
Rebate before tax (The government rebate as applied by dealer): $12,389
A/C tax: $100
Freight PDI : $1645
Admin fee : $495
Ontario tire stewardship : $17.75 (and that's a rip-off. it's actually much less)
OMVIC fee : $10
PPSA due on delivery : $43.50
Downpayment : $0

Monthly payments (0% X 36 months @ 20,000 km/year) : $258.27
1st payment: $258.27
Security deposit: $260
Due on delivery : $3,056.98

Residual value $15,477.85

Total lease cost: $11,836.43

I chose to pay for the one time fees all at once rather than spread it out ($3,056.98 at delivery). Keep in mind that i took that decision when they were charging me 0.9% interest. No way i was going to pay interest on things like the rip-off tire stewardship. But when the dealer lowered to 0.0%, I guess it's irrelevant. I could've spread it across 36 months. But then again, the dealer might've said no and put the original 0.9% back in.

Anyway, the important thing to look foe in a lease is the total lease cost. In my case, that's $11,836.43 which is pretty good for 36 months. That's probably better than the gas equivalent Golf.

Zeuser said:
Ok... so here are mine (canadian dollars). Lease for 36 months:

Mines the same, just the dealer fee is slightly less, but all other fees are identical. When did your salesman say it might be delivered, mine had no idea?

Anyone else that had their orders filled and got some numbers to share?

Debating on adding DAP + Leatherette, or sticking with Tech + Leatherette but want to keep my 3yr lease payments near 300$ a month. So trying to do the math on how much I need to put down...

Has anyone actually received their egolf? I put down my deposit back in April, the dealership estimated Aug-Sep delivery, now it's been delayed with delivery "maybe" in January due to "production delays at the factory". It's really hard to get any better information out of them. Does anyone have any better info?

Very few people have gotten theirs.

I got a call from my dealer (Georgetown) yesterday about another matter. When I inquired about delivery date, they had no better answer than last as "spring 2018". They did tell me that they've only delivered 2 in total so far. So since June 2017. That's 2 in 4 months. Or 0.5 per month. That's pathetic!

They've got plenty of orders, I'm currently 10th in line at that dealership. But VW Canada just isn't delivering enough eGolfs.

Good thing my deposit is refundable and I put a deposit on a 2018 Leaf as well. I need to hedge my bets so I can actually get one before a full year goes by.

This whole situation is ridiculous and VW isn't doing itself any favors. If they want to be a leader in EVs in the next few years, they're off to a really bad start!

JoulesThief said:
VW still has new 2015 VW TDI's for sale, and a bunch of lightly used 2015s. They will will 2012 through 2014 TDI passats for sale shortly, used, also. They are going to have 2017 e-Golfs for sale when 2018's should be coming out, here in the USA. Keep in mind, those batteries and their chemistry age in storage, even doing nothing. VW has a tough sales job ahead of them, they really haven't done much to instill confidence in consumers. While I enjoy the way they drive, dealing with any kind of warranty work with VW dealerships is something I dread. The dealerships do a very poor job of taking care of the customer and servicing what they sell honestly. I do enjoy my 2015 e-Golf SEL. I will probably enjoy a 2020 with close to 50kwh capacity in a Gen 8 even more.

The golf 7.5 will be the last run offering the egolf, to make way for the new I.D. Lineup. So if you enjoy your egolf enough you may need to pony up for a new battery pack sometime after the warranty is up (hopefully by then they will have better chemical densities at a reasonable price)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/89538/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-bold-interior-design-hybrid-tech-and-latest

Info on the egolf is at the very bottom of the article.

"The plug-in hybrid GTE will also be offered, but the e-Golf won’t make it to another generation due to the arrival of the I.D. family, Diess confirmed."

e0gdi said:
Has anyone actually received their egolf? I put down my deposit back in April, the dealership estimated Aug-Sep delivery, now it's been delayed with delivery "maybe" in January due to "production delays at the factory". It's really hard to get any better information out of them. Does anyone have any better info?

I'm in the same boat, I put my deposit down in March expecting my car to arrive over the summer.
I complained on the egolf Facebook page and was contacted by the egolf product planner from vw Canada.

He tried looking for a vehicle that matched my order, but said I would have to compromise on packages or colour.
I am planning on keeping the vehicle long term, so I wasn't interested in settling for what was available.
He was able to track the manufacturing process as they happened on the factory floor from my COMM # from my quote.
It now has a vin and has left Emden Germany for arrival to Halifax on Oct. 30. Expected delivery to the dealership is mid November.

One note of interest is the dealership does not have the same information as head office for delivery dates.
I was in contact with my dealership within days of getting an update from head office and they were showing delivery of mid December.

Hope this helps.

arcticClover said:
e0gdi said:

I'm in the same boat, I put my deposit down in March expecting my car to arrive over the summer.
I complained on the egolf Facebook page and was contacted by the egolf product planner from vw Canada.

He tried looking for a vehicle that matched my order, but said I would have to compromise on packages or colour.
I am planning on keeping the vehicle long term, so I wasn't interested in settling for what was available.
He was able to track the manufacturing process as they happened on the factory floor from my COMM # from my quote.
It now has a vin and has left Emden Germany for arrival to Halifax on Oct. 30. Expected delivery to the dealership is mid November.

One note of interest is the dealership does not have the same information as head office for delivery dates.
I was in contact with my dealership within days of getting an update from head office and they were showing delivery of mid December.

Hope this helps.

That is actually more information than the dealership has ever given me. Why they can't just check with VW Canada and pass on the information to me I have no idea. I guess my next step will be to contact someone from VW Canada. Thank you very much for this.

e0gdi said:
arcticClover said:
e0gdi said:

Hope this helps.

That is actually more information than the dealership has ever given me. Why they can't just check with VW Canada and pass on the information to me I have no idea. I guess my next step will be to contact someone from VW Canada. Thank you very much for this.

It's a perfect example of why dealerships are so ineffective, and need to be phased out. The major profit centers at dealerships are used cars and auto repairs, not new cars. So that's what dealerships focus on. That they are used car dealers should tell you all you need to know about how honest they are about needing big repairs.

The dealerships also know that there will be damn few repairs to be made or make money on on new electric cars. No revenue stream for them, another reason they don't like selling electric cars.

So the total amount due on delivery is basically the same among all dealerships with the only tiny differences in their "fees"?

I got some quotes from dealerships in the GTA area. None of them are willing to give any discounts. They insist this car needs to be sold at MSRP. Is this right? Is there anyone who has ordered a e-Golf paying less than MSRP?

Since they are all the same price, which dealership should I buy it from in the GTA area? Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks!!!

There is a shortage of e-Golf in Canada and very long wait times for existing orders. I'm surprised they are not asking over MSRP to maximize their profit on their limited dealer allocations.

It would come in handy for them to remember that they are neither the only game in town, nor do they have the most outstanding product. Nice, yes. Not the quickest. Not the longest range. Stay humble, my friends. People can and will shop elsewhere.

cattlerepairman said:
It would come in handy for them to remember that they are neither the only game in town, nor do they have the most outstanding product. Nice, yes. Not the quickest. Not the longest range. Stay humble, my friends. People can and will shop elsewhere.

As well as competition among VW dealer to VW dealer, not to mention the fact that they can't even tell you a decent ball park time frame on when you can expect to receive your car.

Combine all that with their diesel blowup in recent year!

Alright folks, I just put my deposit down. Expected delivery is June 2018. Here is my info:

2018 E-Golf Comfortline (ie. no options)

Base Price: $36,355.00 (this is the new base price for 2018's, up by $360 from the 2017's, the 2018's come standard with the leatherette seating, this is the reason for the increase. You can no longer get cloth seats).

Admin Fee: $599
Ac: $100
Tire Tax: $15

Those are the only fees.

Total Sales Price: $37,069.00

I've had cloth seats and leatherette VW seats. The cloth seats stain very easily. I'll take leatherette, every time.

royal52 said:
Alright folks, I just put my deposit down. Expected delivery is June 2018. Here is my info:

Base Price: $36,355.00 (this is the new base price for 2018's, up by $360 from the 2017's, the 2018's come standard with the leatherette seating, this is the reason for the increase. You can no longer get cloth seats).

Those are the only fees.

$599? Wow! I made a stink when my admin fee was in the $300s.

Zeuser said:
royal52 said:

Those are the only fees.

$599? Wow! I made a stink when my admin fee was in the $300s.

I hear ya, however the total sales price is all that matters. It's under MSRP + mandatory fees so I felt the price was fair for both parties.

Just wanted to update everyone that my egolf arrived and I picked it up last week. Even the dealership was surprised, they were expecting it early next year.

Back