Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2017 e-Golf USA Model (inc. window sticker)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 pm 

The LE model is dead, according to VW Customer Care. New brochures are being prepared to reflect this. If you want a heat pump, you must buy the SEL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm 

That's disappointing. I really was hoping to see a mid-level trim that offered all the practical features (DCFC, heat pump, LED headlights, etc). When the range gets to 150+ miles I'd be OK with investing in a premium trim, but any less and I'm inclined to think short term and keep costs down by leasing another SE.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:49 pm 

f1geek wrote:
The LE model is dead, according to VW Customer Care. New brochures are being prepared to reflect this. If you want a heat pump, you must buy the SEL.

If this is true, then VW looks even more like the bumbling diesel-gate fools that many now think they are. If they are going to keep the e-Golf as a CARB-state compliance car, then this makes sense. If they were going to open up availability to more states and at least train service departments across the country, then eliminating the LE trim, which we only learned about with the pricing announcement 3 weeks ago, makes no sense. Why on earth would they create a pricing announcement with a new trim and then kill it 2 weeks later? Why would they create a pricing announcement including a trim that they had not even ordered production for? If they had not ordered any LE trim cars, why didn't the announcement say "late availability"?

It just makes VW America look like a bunch of incompetents.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:23 pm 

VW CEO Muller is in no hurry to give up on diesels - you can read the comments he made at the 2017 Frankfurt Auto Show.

When I got the news from VW Customer care about no e-Golf LE, she told me that VW won't sell the e-Golf in all 50 states until several years from now because training all of the dealership technicians to service e-Golfs will require a lot of time and effort. But she did remind me how VW is working to install public EV charging via Electrify America. When I replied that Electrify America is a product of VW's criminal activities in the US, she had nothing to say.

I agree VW is incompetent on a lot of fronts.

I doubt I will stick with the e-Golf when my lease runs out, unless VW offers a very large discount on the residual value or on a new lease. The 2018 Nissan Leaf is looking better every day. Nissan gets EVs, sells them in all 50 states, has already sold a quarter of a million Leafs around the world and is serious about training dealers to support the Leaf.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:29 pm 

Check out the shiny new brochure at VW.com. The LE trim has been exorcised.

http://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/bro ... igital.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 pm 

f1geek wrote:
Check out the shiny new brochure at VW.com. The LE trim has been exorcised.

http://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/bro ... igital.pdf

The purge is complete...