2018 eGolf delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADV

Just curious if anyone has received delivery of their 2018 vintage. My dealership gave me a November delivery timeline.

ADV said:
Just curious if anyone has received delivery of their 2018 vintage. My dealership gave me a November delivery timeline.

Which dealership and when did you put your deposit down?

Mine in London, Ont. gave me Jan-Feb and I put my deposit down early august...

Also putting my name down for a 2018 Leaf, first come, first served... tick tock VW,.. tick tock...

We put our deposits down in May. Newmarket just north of Toronto.
I saw a guy in Vortex who is just getting his 2017 this month.

nerk said:
ADV said:

Also putting my name down for a 2018 Leaf, first come, first served... tick tock VW,.. tick tock...

same here. See my 2018 leaf post in the "other ev" sub forum

Zeuser said:
nerk said:
ADV said:

same here. See my 2018 leaf post in the "other ev" sub forum

Just put my deposit down on lunch :)... My main concern is all that cargo space that the egolf has over the leaf.... other than that... the leaf is a better equipped vehicle for more or less the same price... (maybe I should move this to "other ev's") :)

I put a deposit on my 2017 egolf in March at georgetown VW.
I went to the dealership in May to pick colour and packages (urano grey with tech package and leatherette). Was told the first batch was arriving in June/July.
As July came and went, was told they could get me into another egolf but would would have to settle on another colour or package, which I declined.
Still waiting.. But keeping in close contact with someone at head office for delivery date.
As of now the car has been manufactured and is awaiting transport to Emden for shipment to Halifax. Should be there end of October, and at the dealership mid November

I find it much easier to just buy what is on the lot in stock, instead of pre ordering anything with Volkswagen. Patience is a virtue. YMMV, I've bought more than my fair share of VW's over the years.

Called every dealer within 150km of Toronto. No one has stock.

Delivery times vary from Jan-Feb (most of them claim) all the way to June (second-most popular answer), with a couple saying November and even 2019. Crazy!

mihVW said:
Delivery times vary from Jan-Feb (most of them claim) all the way to June (second-most popular answer), with a couple saying November and even 2019. Crazy!

I noticed the InsideEVs folks gave VW their "jackass of the year" award, citing the delays and bungled communication. Ouch.

At this rate I'm almost thinking it's time to consider ordering a Model 3.

johnnylingo said:
mihVW said:

I noticed the InsideEVs folks gave VW their "jackass of the year" award, citing the delays and bungled communication. Ouch.

At this rate I'm almost thinking it's time to consider ordering a Model 3.
As long as you don't need a car for 2 years..ok then.

Why doesn't everyone throw out the 'I'll buy a model 3' when the model 3 is 200,000 on backorder?

I'm now hearing the Model 3 backorder is close to half million. Their goal has been to produce 20,000 a month, and it's pretty clear they're far from getting there. I'd be surprised if they delivered the first 100,000 by the time my lease is up.

On the flip side even if I was able to get the new e-Golf, 125 miles of range is still short of what I consider ideal. I'm really hoping to see a 48 kWh battery for the 2019 model, but given the track record here I'm naturally pessimistic.

A used Tesla Model S is now well below $45k, and that's about the same price as fully loaded 2017 i3 Rex after tax credit. The Bolt should come down in pricing too. There's better options and after this fiasco I feel like I don't owe VW anything.

arcticClover said:
But keeping in close contact with someone at head office for delivery date.

Mind sharing this info? I may have to give VW Canada in Ajax a call too.

mihVW said:

Weird, I just saw Yorkdale vw with 3 egolfs on their lot pictured from Instagram just a couple days ago. One lime green, one dark blue and the last like a light grey.
Maybe give them a call.
Unless they were waiting to be picked up by customers...

arcticClover said:
mihVW said:

Weird, I just saw Yorkdale vw with 3 egolfs on their lot pictured from Instagram just a couple days ago. One lime green, one dark blue and the last like a light grey.
Maybe give them a call.

Well, I'm assuming they're waiting for pickup. Yorkdale told me next November (I clarified that it's not this November).

I'll call again.

arcticClover said:
mihVW said:

Maybe give them a call.
According to posts in the Facebook e-Golf group, the green one is available since it was abandoned by the original customer. Apparently they do want you to pay the C$3,000 custom color charge though. If the customer had to give up their deposit, they should at least discount it by that amount. I assume the other cars are spoken for already.

22528191_10101780210561465_9039849709103228880_n.jpg

miimura said:
arcticClover said:
mihVW said:

Maybe give them a call.
According to posts in the Facebook e-Golf group, the green one is available since it was abandoned by the original customer. Apparently they do want you to pay the C$3,000 custom color charge though. If the customer had to give up their deposit, they should at least discount it by that amount. I assume the other cars are spoken for already.

22528191_10101780210561465_9039849709103228880_n.jpg

Nope, got confirmation on Saturday (before this post), and again now, that none are available at Yorkdale (they have one available for test drives only, but not for sale).
The salesman further confirmed that Yorkdale does not expect to get them before November next year, if ordered today.

Took my delivery in London ON! I ordered in June, and was told it wasn't going to come until January, but there was a surprise car showing up, not the same color or option I ordered, but I took it anyway I didn't want to wait till after 2018, as I had no ride, and dont know if Ontario Liberal government going to keep the $14000 rebates next year.

I've done the test drive last week, and my wife and I super love it, even though it's downgraded from our current Audi A3 TDI to VW!!!! But it's super fun the drive and the range is ideal for us for daily commute in the city (from work to home). We also have a gasoline SUV for pleasure use, so it's a great combination for our family!!!! So I then put my deposit in Vancouver, BC after long-time deal negotiation and was told that the new E-Golf is expected to delivery in March or April 2018. While another dealership in Burnaby, BC said they don't have a car for test drive and it's possible that the customers might not be able to get the car next year even if deposit is paid now, wired....I guess their quota allocated from VW Canada is quite low.

My order info are as follows:
Fully loaded: tech + safety + leather packages;
Color: Oryx White; intended to get a special color, but $3K extra and the risk of disappointment for color we actually see when delivery make me give up...
Cash/financing/leasing: likely leasing after some research

Hope everyone gets your new e-Golf soon!!!!!

Back