Manufacture Dates on 2017 e-Golf sold in USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

Due to the strange and delayed release of the 2017 e-Golf in USA, I'm curious how long the inventory was sitting while held back by VW America. If you have taken delivery of a 2017 model year e-Golf in USA, please post your purchase / lease date and the manufacture date on the plate inside the driver's door. Including the selling dealer or city & state would also be useful.

miimura said:
Due to the strange and delayed release of the 2017 e-Golf in USA, I'm curious how long the inventory was sitting while held back by VW America. If you have taken delivery of a 2017 model year e-Golf in USA, please post your purchase / lease date and the manufacture date on the plate inside the driver's door. Including the selling dealer or city & state would also be useful.

You could also call up a VW dealership, tell them you're interested in a 2017 e-golf on their lot and ask them to take a picture or the tag on the door pillar with the VIN number and send it to you. The date of manufacture will be there. It doesn't have to be a sold unit, just one for sale.

Picked up an SEL on 11/8 with a build date of 8/17/17. Takes about 7 to 8 weeks to ship from Germany to the port in USA. Then then probably another week in the port and then transported to a dealer. I'm located in San Diego where the port is so I probably got it sooner than most.

Back