Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2018 eGolf delivery
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:29 pm 

I'm now hearing the Model 3 backorder is close to half million. Their goal has been to produce 20,000 a month, and it's pretty clear they're far from getting there. I'd be surprised if they delivered the first 100,000 by the time my lease is up.

On the flip side even if I was able to get the new e-Golf, 125 miles of range is still short of what I consider ideal. I'm really hoping to see a 48 kWh battery for the 2019 model, but given the track record here I'm naturally pessimistic.

A used Tesla Model S is now well below $45k, and that's about the same price as fully loaded 2017 i3 Rex after tax credit. The Bolt should come down in pricing too. There's better options and after this fiasco I feel like I don't owe VW anything.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:09 am 

arcticClover wrote:
But keeping in close contact with someone at head office for delivery date.

Mind sharing this info? I may have to give VW Canada in Ajax a call too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:21 pm 

mihVW wrote:
Called every dealer within 150km of Toronto. No one has stock.

Delivery times vary from Jan-Feb (most of them claim) all the way to June (second-most popular answer), with a couple saying November and even 2019. Crazy!

Weird, I just saw Yorkdale vw with 3 egolfs on their lot pictured from Instagram just a couple days ago. One lime green, one dark blue and the last like a light grey.
Maybe give them a call.
Unless they were waiting to be picked up by customers...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:37 pm 

arcticClover wrote:
mihVW wrote:

Delivery times vary from Jan-Feb (most of them claim) all the way to June (second-most popular answer), with a couple saying November and even 2019. Crazy!

Weird, I just saw Yorkdale vw with 3 egolfs on their lot pictured from Instagram just a couple days ago. One lime green, one dark blue and the last like a light grey.
Maybe give them a call.

Well, I'm assuming they're waiting for pickup. Yorkdale told me next November (I clarified that it's not this November).

I'll call again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm 

johnnylingo wrote:
I noticed the InsideEVs folks gave VW their "jackass of the year" award, citing the delays and bungled communication. Ouch.

InsideEVs has made the right call.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:38 pm 

egolf2017toronto wrote:
johnnylingo wrote:
I noticed the InsideEVs folks gave VW their "jackass of the year" award, citing the delays and bungled communication. Ouch.

InsideEVs has made the right call.

Perhaps both Tesla and VW are building their cars by hand.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:03 pm 

arcticClover wrote:
mihVW wrote:

Maybe give them a call.

According to posts in the Facebook e-Golf group, the green one is available since it was abandoned by the original customer. Apparently they do want you to pay the C$3,000 custom color charge though. If the customer had to give up their deposit, they should at least discount it by that amount. I assume the other cars are spoken for already.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:12 pm 

miimura wrote:
arcticClover wrote:
mihVW wrote:

Maybe give them a call.

According to posts in the Facebook e-Golf group, the green one is available since it was abandoned by the original customer. Apparently they do want you to pay the C$3,000 custom color charge though. If the customer had to give up their deposit, they should at least discount it by that amount. I assume the other cars are spoken for already.

Nope, got confirmation on Saturday (before this post), and again now, that none are available at Yorkdale (they have one available for test drives only, but not for sale).
The salesman further confirmed that Yorkdale does not expect to get them before November next year, if ordered today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:59 pm 

Took my delivery in London ON! I ordered in June, and was told it wasn't going to come until January, but there was a surprise car showing up, not the same color or option I ordered, but I took it anyway I didn't want to wait till after 2018, as I had no ride, and dont know if Ontario Liberal government going to keep the $14000 rebates next year.