Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Manufacture Dates on 2017 e-Golf sold in USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 pm 

Due to the strange and delayed release of the 2017 e-Golf in USA, I'm curious how long the inventory was sitting while held back by VW America. If you have taken delivery of a 2017 model year e-Golf in USA, please post your purchase / lease date and the manufacture date on the plate inside the driver's door. Including the selling dealer or city & state would also be useful.

Post subject: Re: Manufacture Dates on 2017 e-Golf sold in USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:49 pm 

miimura wrote:
Due to the strange and delayed release of the 2017 e-Golf in USA, I'm curious how long the inventory was sitting while held back by VW America. If you have taken delivery of a 2017 model year e-Golf in USA, please post your purchase / lease date and the manufacture date on the plate inside the driver's door. Including the selling dealer or city & state would also be useful.

You could also call up a VW dealership, tell them you're interested in a 2017 e-golf on their lot and ask them to take a picture or the tag on the door pillar with the VIN number and send it to you. The date of manufacture will be there. It doesn't have to be a sold unit, just one for sale.

Post subject: Re: Manufacture Dates on 2017 e-Golf sold in USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:45 pm 

Picked up an SEL on 11/8 with a build date of 8/17/17. Takes about 7 to 8 weeks to ship from Germany to the port in USA. Then then probably another week in the port and then transported to a dealer. I'm located in San Diego where the port is so I probably got it sooner than most.