20k miles Lease viable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xfaith

I live in Socal and went to a dealership about 2 1/2 weeks ago while waiting on finalizing payment of my original car. I was quoted 1300 down / 250 a month for a 20k mile lease for 3 years. Of course did not have that written, and did not have the money down at the time. (Plus had to verify adding plug in garage- renter)

Fast foward went back to dealership today, salesperson remembered me, remembered the numbers, it was the same finance manager also today they came back w/ 1500 down and 492m.

The deal for the Bolt was probably better then that. (I had stopped somewhere to check them out).

I drive 80 miles a day for work currently, not sure how long that will be for. I also use the HOV here which is free w/ EV.

So did the first lease numbers sound to good to be? What about the second one. - I am currently renting a car (since august) due to my car having to be sent back to the dealer).

I think I pulled the trigger to early as I payed 400 for a 240V in the garage. So I am prepared.

Thanks for any inputs..

Live in North County San Diego if that helps in anything for dealership, and if anyone wants the dealership that I went to just ask.

Buy the Bolt, or a Prius. If you work 5 days a week, you are driving near 21k miles a year, before even driving anywhere else. Get a Prius.

The lease would be a 20K miles lease.

I might go look at the Bolt tommrow, not a fan of chevy but more miles is always better.

xfaith said:
The lease would be a 20K miles lease.

I might go look at the Bolt tommrow, not a fan of chevy but more miles is always better.

The lease needs to be a 60k mile 3 year lease or a 50k mile 30 month lease. A 20k mile lease means nothing without a time factor to travel the 20k miles. Frankly, i don't know why a company would lease those kind of miles. The battery is only warrantied for so many miles. 60k would be most all of them. I'm not a big fan of running electric those kind of commuting miles, unless it's a Tesla or a BMW with active battery cooling while recharging.

I don't perceive the e-Golf as being a good Diamond Lane HOV vehicle cruiser to and from work. It's more designed to be an urban crawler driving around on BLVD's with top speeds of 50 mph, not 75 to 80 mph in the HOV lane.

xfaith said:
20k/a year 36m lease is what it is looking at.
As long as this is not your only car, you should be good...if the only car, expect to put on about 25k a year.

Back