Ontario, Canada. Volks dealerships are inconsistent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flyboy320 said:
e0gdi said:
Just wanted to update everyone that my egolf arrived and I picked it up last week. Even the dealership was surprised, they were expecting it early next year.

When and where did you order from?

put deposit in May, Humberview VW

e0gdi said:
Just wanted to update everyone that my egolf arrived and I picked it up last week. Even the dealership was surprised, they were expecting it early next year.

Did you end up with a 17 or 18?

royal52 said:
e0gdi said:

Did you end up with a 17 or 18?

miimura said:
There is a shortage of e-Golf in Canada and very long wait times for existing orders. I'm surprised they are not asking over MSRP to maximize their profit on their limited dealer allocations.

In Ontario, dealers cannot ask for more then the MSRP for a new vehicle. This is to prevent dealers from doing exactly as you suggested. The only loophole is to put some mileage on it and then sell it as a used car, however, this would prevent the owner from obtaining the EVIP subsidy.

royal52 said:
Alright folks, I just put my deposit down. Expected delivery is June 2018. Here is my info:

2018 E-Golf Comfortline (ie. no options)

Base Price: $36,355.00 (this is the new base price for 2018's, up by $360 from the 2017's, the 2018's come standard with the leatherette seating, this is the reason for the increase. You can no longer get cloth seats).

Admin Fee: $599
Ac: $100
Tire Tax: $15

Those are the only fees.

Total Sales Price: $37,069.00

For what it is worth... I have seen the 2018 order guide and confirmed with the dealer that cloth is still the standard seating for 2018 and leatherette is still an option. We had this conversation when my 2017 order became a 2018 order due to lack of allocation.

spare said:
royal52 said:
Alright folks, I just put my deposit down. Expected delivery is June 2018. Here is my info:

Base Price: $36,355.00 (this is the new base price for 2018's, up by $360 from the 2017's, the 2018's come standard with the leatherette seating, this is the reason for the increase. You can no longer get cloth seats).

Those are the only fees.

For what it is worth... I have seen the 2018 order guide and confirmed with the dealer that cloth is still the standard seating for 2018 and leatherette is still an option. We had this conversation when my 2017 order became a 2018 order due to lack of allocation.

vw.ca disagrees. Go build and price an e-golf. No cloth option.

royal52 said:
spare said:
royal52 said:

Those are the only fees.

vw.ca disagrees. Go build and price an e-golf. No cloth option.

I hear ya... made the same point at the time. End of the day I was able to get a 2017 so I dropped it.

Put a deposit down in November 2017 and was told June 2018 for delivery. Was informed today that delivery would be not until 2019 and they couldn't even give me a month for 2019.

What a mess, I don't necessarily blame the dealer, I'm sure they would love to make money and sell me a car.

royal52 said:
Put a deposit down in November 2017 and was told June 2018 for delivery. Was informed today that delivery would be not until 2019 and they couldn't even give me a month for 2019.

What a mess, I don't necessarily blame the dealer, I'm sure they would love to make money and sell me a car.

Did VW contact you directly about the delay? I ordered at about the same time but I hear no news.

Vw have major delay on delivery... I ordered oct last year from Toronto dealer and I was told vw will contact those who ordered egolf and will provide options and timeline, but from what I heard, even in my case(6month waiting), expected delivery is sometime 2019!! Let’s see

ichwoo said:
royal52 said:

Did VW contact you directly about the delay? I ordered at about the same time but I hear no news.

Nah, just the dealership.

Innovite said:
Vw have major delay on delivery... I ordered oct last year from Toronto dealer and I was told vw will contact those who ordered egolf and will provide options and timeline, but from what I heard, even in my case(6month waiting), expected delivery is sometime 2019!! Let’s see

have you received message from VW about options and timeline?

ichwoo said:
Innovite said:

have you received message from VW about options and timeline?
Just got email delivery by March 31 2019...

NOOO!!! We just got the dreaded email today saying our e-golf has been delayed until March 2019. The annoying thing is that we just got an email last week laying out our build time with delivery set for this November. I guess we celebrated too soon. I'm not sure if our old crappy car will make it through another Ottawa winter. Not to mention the fact that if the PCs win and cancel the rebate our dream of Ev ownership will end too. Disappointing news! We put down our deposit in November 2017.

LLcoolB said:
NOOO!!! We just got the dreaded email today saying our e-golf has been delayed until March 2019. The annoying thing is that we just got an email last week laying out our build time with delivery set for this November. I guess we celebrated too soon. I'm not sure if our old crappy car will make it through another Ottawa winter. Not to mention the fact that if the PCs win and cancel the rebate our dream of Ev ownership will end too. Disappointing news! We put down our deposit in November 2017.

i also got delayed by three months. The rebate is the biggest concern. My guess is that rebate in 2018 should be ok. 2019 will be risky.
However, there was also a change early in March 2018. There was a reduction of rebate for some vehicles. But they state that if the car was ordered before the change was announced, the old rebate amount would still be given. So I hope the fact that we ordered our car in 2017, the rebate office will accept our application for $14000 despite a possible change by the PC in the future.

LLcoolB said:

Are your emails from the dealer or VW Canada? Were you asked to sign a VW Canada e-Golf Sold Order Confirmation Form recently?

I put my deposit down in Gatineau on Oct 2017 thinking there'd be more allocation to Quebec dealerships because of their newly legislated emission free requirements. My May 2018 promise date has now been moved to Sept/Oct according to the dealer but I'm not counting on it anymore.

By the way, the Ontario EVIP program just changed without any warning on March 9, 2018 with old rules honored if order was placed pre March 9 up to a delivery and application submission date of Sep 7, 2018. Applications submitted after Sep 7 will have the new rules applied.

So after being told back in November that I'd have my e-golf in June, with delivery being then pushed back to "2019 not sure what month", I closed on a Hyundai Ioniq today at $1200 under MSRP.

royal52 said:
So after being told back in November that I'd have my e-golf in June, with delivery being then pushed back to "2019 not sure what month", I closed on a Hyundai Ioniq today at $1200 under MSRP.

I didnt know the price is negotiable for an Ioniq :eek:

LLcoolB said:

I hear you. I was really wanting to order an eGolf, but I'm in the same city with the same old crappy car issues, and don't know if I can wait that long. :(

Back