Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kataleen

One of the things that I was looking forward to have on my new eGolf was the passenger side mirror dip in reverse. Unfortunately it seems that they did not enable it on this model even though it was specified in the original car specs when I put down the deposit and it’s also detailed in the owner’s manual.
I bought Carista in the hopes that I would be able to enable it that way, however it turned out to be a flop. First of all Carista shows this option under the “Other” section. Second, I set it to “Yes” (enabled) but still no luck. The option does not show up in the infotainment system and trying to set it up by the manual does not work.
Before I ask for a refund on Carista, is there anything else that I could try (maybe missed)?
Has anyone tried/succeeded in enabling this?

Thanks.

kataleen said:
One of the things that I was looking forward to have on my new eGolf was the passenger side mirror dip in reverse. Unfortunately it seems that they did not enable it on this model even though it was specified in the original car specs when I put down the deposit and it’s also detailed in the owner’s manual.
I bought Carista in the hopes that I would be able to enable it that way, however it turned out to be a flop. First of all Carista shows this option under the “Other” section. Second, I set it to “Yes” (enabled) but still no luck. The option does not show up in the infotainment system and trying to set it up by the manual does not work.
Before I ask for a refund on Carista, is there anything else that I could try (maybe missed)?
Has anyone tried/succeeded in enabling this?

Thanks.

Find someone that owns a VCDS cable and has the Ross-tech software on a laptop. If they are good with it, they should be able to find it in "Body Control" and be able to switch some code around in "Advanced" with some fishing around with the Long Code in the "Bits" and "Bytes" section that is hexidecimal code.

I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...

kataleen said:
I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...
If it's just an internal movement of the mirror within, it should be adjustable in VCDS software, and possibly a setting in the infotainment center that needs to then be changed too, once enabled with VCDS.

kataleen said:

I enabled this feature using Carista on a 2015 eGolf (Wolfsburg-made) and a 2017 Alltrack (Puebla-made) if that helps.

RonDawg said:
kataleen said:

I enabled this feature using Carista on a 2015 eGolf (Wolfsburg-made) and a 2017 Alltrack (Puebla-made) if that helps.

Once you saved in Carista, did the new option show up immediately in the Infotainment System or did you have to do anything else?

you have to enable it in system as you already did and then also turn button for mirror alignment on driver door so it will point to passenger mirror. Then if you put in reverse mirror should tilt down or at least it does in my eGolf.

mkonci said:
you have to enable it in system as you already did and then also turn button for mirror alignment on driver door so it will point to passenger mirror. Then if you put in reverse mirror should tilt down or at least it does in my eGolf.

I tried exactly that, unfortunately it did not work.
I contacted the company behind Carista and they confirmed that Carista may report it as turned on even though it did not actually turn on. They have an update coming and offered me to sign up for a beta that should fix the issue. Will report back with results in case anybody else is experiencing this.

Somebody got it working

26166250_1831595240208293_4957397425581796794_n.jpg

Details on the facebook eGolf group.

Purchased the Carista and was able to easily set the passenger mirror to dip in reverse and put the option in the menu.

Was also able to program all windows up or down using the remote. This is nice when coming to a hot car and being able to roll down all the windows.

I have the Carista program till May 10th, 2018.

If you are in the San Diego and want to change your settings let me know. I'm usually available nights and weekends.

Marspinball said:
Purchased the Carista and was able to easily set the passenger mirror to dip in reverse and put the option in the menu.

Was also able to program all windows up or down using the remote. This is nice when coming to a hot car and being able to roll down all the windows.

I have the Carista program till May 10th, 2018.

If you are in the San Diego and want to change your settings let me know. I'm usually available nights and weekends.
Nice, wish you were in the Bay Area...

RonDawg said:
ms4cd said:

Carista is relatively inexpensive, about $40 on Amazon.

Yes, got one and used it.

Has anyone noticed, after backing up and passenger mirror dipping, the mirror returns in higher position?

ms4cd said:
RonDawg said:
ms4cd said:

Carista is relatively inexpensive, about $40 on Amazon.

Yes, got one and used it.

Has anyone noticed, after backing up and passenger mirror dipping, the mirror returns in higher position?

It happens with my 2015, so I occasionally have to re-adjust it.

Presume this can be adjusted with a VCDS? If so has anyone done it and how is it done?

ms4cd said:
Presume this can be adjusted with a VCDS? If so has anyone done it and how is it done?
Waiting too...

Check this previous post:
http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=405&start=0

Passenger mirror reverse dip. Mirror switch has to be on the passenger setting for it to work. Once below settings are complete go into vehicle settings, then mirrors, and turn on.
52 Passenger door
07 coding
Byte 4
Enable bit 2 and 3
THEN
09 Central Electronics
Adaptations
17-Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt (change to “active”)
THEN
(22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts
the option in the menu screen.

Make sure you keep mirror switch pointer on passenger side, otherwise it not working. Also, repeat this procedure for code to remain.

ms4cd said:

Covered in other VW forums. It returns to a higher position because the egolf lacks the memory modules to store the previous position. Easiest way to get the modules is to buy the power folding mirrors with switch and memory modules on AliExpress, and afterwards do long coding - not carista.

After used Carista to set up passenger mirror dips when reverse, the mirror doesn't go up when drive forward.
Only goes up if I turn the mirror switch to " Off" position, or after turn the car off & On agian.
Any body have the same problem? . If you don't , please tell me how to set up in Carista.
Thank you.

Back