EV Credit not rescinded in Senate Bill.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbin404

Edit : it was removed before the vote..
So Senate version has $7500
House version rescinds it.

Slid into the Senate bill Thurs night

https://electrek.co/2017/12/02/electric-vehicle-tax-credit-senate-bill/

SA 1746. Mr. FLAKE submitted an amendment intended to be proposed to
amendment SA 1618 proposed by Mr. McConnell (for Mr. Hatch (for himself
and Ms. Murkowski)) to the bill H.R. 1, to provide for reconciliation
pursuant to titles II and V of the concurrent resolution on the budget
for fiscal year 2018; which was ordered to lie on the table; as
follows:

At the appropriate place, insert the following:

SEC. ____. TERMINATION OF CREDIT FOR NEW QUALIFIED PLUG-IN
ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLES.

Since it passed, and this amendment would match the House bill...looks like the EV credit is gone.

Update: We are now told that the bill doesn’t include Senator Flake’s amendment

So in other words the EV credit is still in the Senate version passed at 2 AM this morning. That being said, it's being kicked back to the house now where the Tea Baggers have a larger voice, so I wouldn't be shocked to see it ultimately be removed. Heck, Trump may even insist on it as an f-you to Elon.

How many of you would still buy your electric vehicle without the tax credit, based on Free Market Values and costs? I am thinking I might buy a used 2017 2018 SEL lease return by 2020-2021.

johnnylingo said:

So in other words the EV credit is still in the Senate version passed at 2 AM this morning. That being said, it's being kicked back to the house now where the Tea Baggers have a larger voice, so I wouldn't be shocked to see it ultimately be removed. Heck, Trump may even insist on it as an f-you to Elon.

How would this be a “f-you to Elon” when he (Elon) has called for it to be eliminated? He has already taken advantage of a majority of his 200,000 credits.

tbier said:
johnnylingo said:

How would this be a “f-you to Elon” when he (Elon) has called for it to be eliminated? He has already taken advantage of a majority of his 200,000 credits.

Meanwhile big oil gets a lower tax rate..... we'll need the lube though, as part of the 99%, we know where we are taking it.
Why not a bigger gas guzzler tax at under say 30mpg average?

JoulesThief said:
How many of you would still buy your electric vehicle without the tax credit, based on Free Market Values and costs? I am thinking I might buy a used 2017 2018 SEL lease return by 2020-2021.

So it just ticks me off that I've been waiting since the end of LAST year for VW to get the miserable act together and release the darn 2017 e-Golf when they said they would. They finally do so late in 2017 (when pretty much everybody else is releasing their 2018 models) and now while I'm waiting for the early adopter dust to settle, so some actual deals might become available, they take away the $7500 credit. Could anything else possibly go wrong here. Anyway, I would not be able to buy without that tax credit. Crap :-(.

MickM said:
JoulesThief said:

So it just ticks me off that I've been waiting since the end of LAST year for VW to get the miserable act together and release the darn 2017 e-Golf when they said they would. They finally do so late in 2017 (when pretty much everybody else is releasing their 2018 models) and now while I'm waiting for the early adopter dust to settle, so some actual deals might become available, they take away the $7500 credit. Could anything else possibly go wrong here. Anyway, I would not be able to buy without that tax credit. Crap :-(.

You want something for nothing.... champagne tastes when you have a beer budget. Go buy a used 2015 SEL for song, instead.

If you are willing to wait a bit more, you may start seeing used Bolts on the market. You could also buy a really cheap Nissan Leaf to tide you over. Because of all the deals and the state and federal tax dollars, you can get used leafs for well under $10,000, depending on the trim, mileage and model year.

f1geek said:
If you are willing to wait a bit more, you may start seeing used Bolts on the market. You could also buy a really cheap Nissan Leaf to tide you over. Because of all the deals and the state and federal tax dollars, you can get used leafs for well under $10,000, depending on the trim, mileage and model year.
Used Bolts? That's not going to happen for 2 years.

Back