Limited Edition Lease $159 per month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

The e-Golf Limited Edition is now widely available in the SF Bay Area. I was just at Sunnyvale and they offered $159 per month with $2395 drive off. They would not give detailed numbers without credit check, etc. What do you guys think? Anybody else seen this?

[Edit] I worked the numbers backwards and I think I know what's going on. The national lease deal is $229/mo with $2,349 due at signing (+ tax). The $70/mo difference from $159 comes to $2,520 over 36 months. So, I'm pretty sure that this is a $2,520 dealer discount, which is pretty close to the $2,400 off MSRP that Edmunds.com says is the going price these days.

This is a screen shot from the Sunnyvale VW web site showing the deal:

e_Golf_LE_Offer.jpg

I almost freaked out when I saw $9865 due at signing, but that is before the $7,500 rebate/cap reduction. Of course, you have to pay sales tax on that rebate.

Thanks for the info! I'm also in NorCal, and was keenly interested in the e-Golf LE lease.

Though, it looks like a lot of the promos end tomorrow... :-\

Hopefully, there will be more or they'll extend the incentives...as I probably won't really be able to seriously look at one until next month...

For 2000 more, you're better off with the SEL as the heat pump, leatherette seats, alloy wheels, led lights etc are worth 4000. As for promos, they'll only get better down the road. bevs aren't selling all that well

Ron

cove3 said:
For 2000 more, you're better off with the SEL as the heat pump, leatherette seats, alloy wheels, led lights etc are worth 4000. As for promos, they'll only get better down the road. bevs aren't selling all that well

Ron
In White Plains the heat pump is a big deal and I'm glad that it is available in the SEL. However, in NorCal, it's not a big deal. I can count on one hand the number of times that the resistive heater in my RAV4 EV got a real workout in two winters. The $2,000 difference in cost is 28% of the total 36 month lease cost on the Limited Edition. If they could reduce another $2,000 by deleting the navigation and parking sensors, I would give up those too.

tdkman2 said:
Thanks for the info! I'm also in NorCal, and was keenly interested in the e-Golf LE lease.

Though, it looks like a lot of the promos end tomorrow... :-\

Hopefully, there will be more or they'll extend the incentives...as I probably won't really be able to seriously look at one until next month...

Sunnyvale VW has extended the lease offer until 4/30, and they appear to have 37 e-Golfs in inventory now -- a good mix of both Limited Edition and SEL.

stevestrange said:
Sunnyvale VW has extended the lease offer until 4/30, and they appear to have 37 e-Golfs in inventory now -- a good mix of both Limited Edition and SEL.
Cool. Thanks for the update. I did notice the original March lease offer they had was taken down from their website after 3/31, but hadn't seen the new ad.

It looks like the e-Golf LE is being advertised on their site. Though, it appears to not have the previous additional dealer incentive where the LE model was offered at $169/month (before taxes) that miimura mentioned.

tdkman2 said:
stevestrange said:
Cool. Thanks for the update. I did notice the original March lease offer they had was taken down from their website after 3/31, but hadn't seen the new ad.

It looks like the e-Golf LE is being advertised on their site. Though, it appears to not have the previous additional dealer incentive where the LE model was offered at $169/month (before taxes) that miimura mentioned.
The same deal is there today. Look at the "Specials" page on their site, it is there at $159/mo through 4/30/15.

miimura said:
tdkman2 said:
stevestrange said:

The same deal is there today. Look at the "Specials" page on their site, it is there at $159/mo through 4/30/15.

Ah...so it is! :) I had only scrolled through the front page website window panes...and didn't check out the Specials page. I'll probably go test drive later this month there and will update you guys on any additional details that I find out.

I just bought mine this evening. I'm in Orange County, and I didn't see any local ads for $159 per month. :cry: But it still seems like still I got an OK deal though. I paid $2500 total drive off including first months payment. Then I'm paying $229 plus tax ($246 total). But I got my mileage allotment increased from 10k to 15k miles per year. So overall, not so bad I think.

ofcounsel said:
I just bought mine this evening. I'm in Orange County, and I didn't see any local ads for $159 per month. :cry: But it still seems like still I got an OK deal though. I paid $2500 total drive off including first months payment. Then I'm paying $229 plus tax ($246 total). But I got my mileage allotment increased from 10k to 15k miles per year. So overall, not so bad I think.
Limited Edition or SEL Premium? If my wife has a strong preference for the leatherette vs. the cloth, I was hoping to get the SEL for about $230/mo. MSRP difference divided by 36 months is about $56/mo. BTW, $229/mo (+tax) for the Limited Edition is the nationally advertised lease deal.

ofcounsel said:

Just leased mine - from Hayward VW.

Limited - Pacific Blue

3yr/30k mile lease

$4,056 Drive off = $2,500 is customer cash + $1,000 tax against ($7,500 rebate and $2,500 customer cash) and balance is fees
Payment is 156+tax = $171/month

Sales price = $27,900.. For leases dealer is getting $4k back from VW on Limited vs. $2650 for Premium

Not sure about rebate tax against rebate though :( and how California taxes a rebate on lease - if at all.

egolfhills said:
ofcounsel said:

Limited - Pacific Blue

3yr/30k mile lease

$4,056 Drive off = $2,500 is customer cash + $1,000 tax against ($7,500 rebate and $2,500 customer cash) and balance is fees

Sales price = $27,900.. For leases dealer is getting $4k back from VW on Limited vs. $2650 for Premium

Not sure about rebate tax against rebate though :( and how California taxes a rebate on lease - if at all.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like many SF Bay Area dealers have something like this going on for this month. $27,900 brings it down to around/under the MSRP of the LEAF L! Very temping to turn in my (purchased) 2011 LEAF SL before it loses more value...

miimura said:
ofcounsel said:
Limited Edition or SEL Premium? If my wife has a strong preference for the leatherette vs. the cloth, I was hoping to get the SEL for about $230/mo. MSRP difference divided by 36 months is about $56/mo. BTW, $229/mo (+tax) for the Limited Edition is the nationally advertised lease deal.

Yeah, mine is the limited. So I got the cloth, not the leather.

I know the $229/month (+tax) is the advertised lease deal for 10k miles per year, but I got $229/month (+tax) for 15k miles per year. If you elect the 10k miles per year, you might be able to get the SEL pretty close to $230 is my guess.

egolfhills said:
ofcounsel said:

Limited - Pacific Blue

3yr/30k mile lease

That's a great deal! My sale price on the lease was $28,200.

We just leased a Limestone Gray eGolf Limited Edition today from Sunnyvale VW. We wanted the SEL, but they were not getting down anywhere near the price I wanted after going 4 rounds with the salesman going back to get another number. They started at $399/mo. Yeah, right... So, we just punted to the advertised offer on the Limited Edition. Of course, the ad says "One at this price" and it's the Pacific Blue that we didn't want. The salesman said he would get us the Limestone for the same deal.

Top line Sales price was $27,888 and the residual was $13,022.60.

My wife is happy. It's going to be her car, so that's what matters. No more gas for us. When I get the JdeMO (CHAdeMO mod) on my RAV4 EV, that will be our road trip car whenever possible.

miimura said:
We just leased a Limestone Gray eGolf Limited Edition today from Sunnyvale VW. We wanted the SEL, but they were not getting down anywhere near the price I wanted after going 4 rounds with the salesman going back to get another number. They started at $399/mo. Yeah, right... So, we just punted to the advertised offer on the Limited Edition. Of course, the ad says "One at this price" and it's the Pacific Blue that we didn't want. The salesman said he would get us the Limestone for the same deal.

My wife is happy. It's going to be her car, so that's what matters. No more gas for us. When I get the JdeMO (CHAdeMO mod) on my RAV4 EV, that will be our road trip car whenever possible.

Awesome - great deal.

VW wasn't crediting the dealer as much of credit for the SEL. I think around 2600 vs. 4000. Factor in the additional invoice price and it's roughly another $3500 in top line sales price.

egolfhills said:
miimura said:

Awesome - great deal.

VW wasn't crediting the dealer as much of credit for the SEL. I think around 2600 vs. 4000. Factor in the additional invoice price and it's roughly another $3500 in top line sales price.
I knew about the $2,600 vs. $4,000 and proposed that number for the SEL, but they wouldn't even get close to it.

Congrats to all those who got the e-Golf LE recently in the past couple of days! :)

And thanks to @miimura and @egolfhills for the info on the lease deals you guys got in NorCal.

After the next few days, my schedule will be cleared up a bit more, and a friend (who owns a Fiat 500e) and I will be going to check out the e-Golf this weekend at maybe like 2-3 dealerships...and I'll plan to let you all know how it went.

Hi: Am looking to lease as well in the next few weeks or so. It seems we can apply for the $2500 state rebate, is that correct and are there any limitations to that rebate. Any suggestions on which of the bay area VW dealers offering the best deal out there. The previous posts seem to suggest Sunnyvale VW..

Back