Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heathed windshield at night
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:52 pm 

I just picked up my e-Golf last week and I had a question about the heated windshield for those who have had the car for a while. I am finding it quite distracting at night with the glare from headlights and taillights... Does this go away over time as your eyes adjust to it? Right now all I can see is the thin wires and strange glare they make as well as I find it fatigues my eyes. I never really noticed any issues when I test drove the car as it was daylight.

Post subject: Re: Heathed windshield at night
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:30 pm 

For me it did diminish over time. When I first got my e-Golf, I was the same as you - I really noticed it at night, and often during the day too. I find I still occasionally notice it at night, but it's fairly infrequent. I'm sure my brain is filtering it out as noise because I hardly pay attention to it or give it a thought even when I do notice it. So it hasn't completely gone away, but it doesn't bother me now. Then again, maybe it didn't bother me initially as much as it bothers you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm 

I drove a TT for many years at night. I haven't noticed any difference with our eGolf windshield but granted I don't drive at night as much anymore. It's the a#%holes who don't dim their high beams or have their headlight adjusted improperly that bothered me the most. Also Turdodor Prius headlights are the worst for blinding oncoming traffic IMHO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:43 am 

I've gotten used to it. I would have to specifically look for the defroster wires to be able to see them. I don't even notice the ones on the back window anymore, and those are much thicker.