My Egolf will come next week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dephan

:D My VW dealer email me today said that my Egolf will come soon next week after 6 months patient. :lol:
I order everything, Leatherette, Technology, Driver assistant, Shetland Grey interior .
Already have used winter wheel set for snow time now.
also already have L2 charger ( for my son i3)
Will compare with my son BMW i3 to see how it is with less $$ than i3.

You right, no any deal, just take it.
But I don't take any " Option dealer " they try to put in any car they sell, like Wheel Lock bolt, Nitrogen , Anti theft guard.
Also tell them take out Gasoline charge ( $80 :lol: ), 5th. tire fee ($3.30).
They also don't take care of Government incentive, I have to do it myself.
Car come with 4 year road side assistant but no free maintenance :evil: .

dephan said:
You right, no any deal, just take it.
But I don't take any " Option dealer " they try to put in any car they sell, like Wheel Lock bolt, Nitrogen , Anti theft guard.
Also tell them take out Gasoline charge ( $80 :lol: ), 5th. tire fee ($3.30).
They also don't take care of Government incentive, I have to do it myself.

Car come with 4 year road side assistant but no free maintenance :evil: .
There is very little to nothing to maintain on an e-Golf. Brakes, brake fluid, lube hinges, windshield wipers, etc. Hardly anything. Dealerships already know they wont be making any money on service on electric cars, provided you don't do anything stupid and break something. But it's well known, you can't fix stupid. So stupid people will break things and pay dearly on the e-Golf. And I do mean dearly.

dephan said:
:D My VW dealer email me today said that my Egolf will come soon next week after 6 months patient. :lol:
I order everything, Leatherette, Technology, Driver assistant, Shetland Grey interior .
Already have used winter wheel set for snow time now.
also already have L2 charger ( for my son i3)
Will compare with my son BMW i3 to see how it is with less $$ than i3.

Congrats. How is the car?

ichwoo said:
Congrats. How is the car?

Yes, how is it? And also, what model year did you end up getting?

The reason I ask is that I have another thread outlining my problem with the 2018 E-Golf I'm supposed to take possession of. I'm just wondering if you got the rebate with a 2018 MY, or if you received the 2017.

2017 and 2018 is the same, except that 2018 will has Leatherette seats as standard ( you pay $360 more ).
If you mean rebate is off the retail price, I don't think so, at least in Ontario-Canada.
If you mean Gov. Incentive ( $14000), for today we still eligible for it, don't know in future ( I submitted in Jan 6th. still waiting the $$ come in ).
So far I'm very happy with mine ( with Leatherette seat, Tech. package & Driver package -DAP), with new winter tire set.
With adaptive Cruise, blind spot warning and Lane departure assistance, very impressive driving, almost like auto pilot.
The forward collision and back up cross traffic warning are good too.
Compare with many others my family's have driven (all German's, includ. i3 ) can be the same or better .
- Complain : No heated steering wheel . ( Bought new Passat B8 heated, will retrofit soon)
- No auto motorized hatchback open/close ( will retrofit with TL-05 after market set)

dephan said:
2017 and 2018 is the same, except that 2018 will has Leatherette seats as standard ( you pay $360 more ).
If you mean rebate is off the retail price, I don't think so, at least in Ontario-Canada.
If you mean Gov. Incentive ( $14000), for today we still eligible for it, don't know in future ( I submitted in Jan 6th. still waiting the $$ come in ).
So far I'm very happy with mine ( with Leatherette seat, Tech. package & Driver package -DAP), with new winter tire set.
With adaptive Cruise, blind spot warning and Lane departure assistance, very impressive driving, almost like auto pilot.
The forward collision and back up cross traffic warning are good too.
Compare with many others my family's have driven (all German's, includ. i3 ) can be the same or better .
- Complain : No heated steering wheel . ( Bought new Passat B8 heated, will retrofit soon)
- No auto motorized hatchback open/close ( will retrofit with TL-05 after market set)

Glad you enjoy the ride, and the features (which I also upgraded, and will be totally new to me!) do seem cool. Re:Steering Wheel and Auto Hatch; I didn't realize one can do this upgrade, you should post up a how-to if you're willing!

The reason I asked if you have a 2017 or 2018 is because apparently there is a snafu whereas the 2018 model is NOT on the EVIP list, meaning technically the 2018 is not eligible for the government incentive. This has been discussed in another thread around here, and in the VW E-Golf Facebook page.

So, if you got your car in Dec, I'm assuming you have the 2017?

Yes, it's 2017 . It came before Christmas, I do the paper & register in Dec 28th. 2017 to be sure Eligible for $14K incentive. Some other got the same but in Jan 2018 so it's 2018. The real 2018 will come may be after Feb, exactly same (with leatherette standard & add to the cost ). Gov. will add the 2018 to EVlist may be after March. Don't worry, the fund still has a lot, they don't kill soon.
I retrofit heated steering wheel many time for my family's BMW, that doesn't too complected. I will post detail with HD video step by step when I do it.
The same with auto open-close hatch back.
I will re-code the right mirror to make it tilt down when reverse as other one did & post on the other post.

obtuce said:
i got mine yesterday and it's a 2017 as well.

Wow. Even though MY2018 and MY2017 are the same car. It will make a price difference the time you sell the car in the future.

ichwoo said:
obtuce said:
i got mine yesterday and it's a 2017 as well.

Wow. Even though MY2018 and MY2017 are the same car. It will make a different the time you sell the car in the future.

Maybe...maybe not...in-service date is perhaps more important and the fact that there is no changes between the 17 and 18 MY.

dephan said:
I will post detail with HD video step by step when I do it.
The same with auto open-close hatch back.
I will re-code the right mirror to make it tilt down when reverse as other one did & post on the other post.

If you post these instructions and part numbers, you will be one of my heros!

I am in Ottawa Ontario and I was told by Myers VW in Kanata that they are expecting VW to cut their 20 E-golf allocation for 2018 down to 10.
I am sitting around #10 right now and I had put the money down in early August.

I wonder if they say that to create a demand and raise price....

I have a hard time believing that VW strategy cant cope with the demand in Canada...

Back