Huge delays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egolf1

Apparently there's huge delays in delivering the new e-golfs.

Was told by my Toronto dealer that cars that were supposed to be delivered in March will be pushed back by 4 months. No update for mine that was due to be here in April. I shouldn't expect anything sooner than August.

Has anybody heard similar (bad) news?

Last I heard (beginning of Feb.) was that mine was due to be built by Feb 23rd for delivery end of April beginning of May.

What dealer are you using and did they give any reason for the delay?

My dealer is Yorkdale VW
My car was due to be built in February. They said cars due to be built in January will be built in May and delivered in July. So my car which was scheduled for February to be built, will be delivered in August. First ETA for delivery was January and then it got pushed back repeatedly. Don't know what to do. VW Canada doesn't want to help - they say that only the dealer knows. I put the order in July 2017. The dealer gave no reason for all these delays. They basically have a wait and see attitude and wait for updates from vw.

Can you put here the details about your order and the dealership?

There are multiple labour strikes going on in Germany right now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-wages/vw-faces-strikes-on-thursday-as-german-unions-reject-new-pay-offer-idUSKBN1FJ1U2

There were minor strikes, nothing major. No reason for 4 months delay.
Starting Feb 21 they had a deal:
http://europe.autonews.com/article/...s-strikes-with-4-wage-hike-for-german-workers

The problem with VW is that there's no transparency. These allocations per dealer are an unfair thing. Say one dealer has a list of 12 customers that ordered e-golfs. They allocate 11 cars for January and then nothing for the next 10 months until December when another car is allocated.

Tesla, for instance, is doing a better job in informing customers.

flyboy320 said:
My dealer is Bramgate VW. I’ve reached out to my salesman and I’ll post back when I hear more.

Just got confirmation that my car (ordered in August) was built Feb 20th and hoping for it to arrive at the dealership first week of May (just got the VIN from my salesman).....keeping my fingers crossed.

I put my deposit down Oct 22nd, 2017 and ordered e-golf in atlantic blue. Car was built and landed in halifax on or before Feb 16th 2018. as per my dealer it was on a train when I talked to him on Feb 16th. I'm expecting delivery in Vancouver soon. :D

Going to pick up my e-Golf in an hour :cool:
This was my experience ordering e-golf:

test drove e-golf in august 20017 in Vancouver, and was told by the dealer that there is only 3 dealers here authorized to sell e-golf in vancouver. contacted all of them and they were all sold out on their allocated cars for 2017. and of curse huge waiting list for 2018 cars.
one dealer called me in September saying somebody just backed out on a car arriving in october. i signed up immediately. dealer calls me in oct that car is here, but one off the incentives here in BC run out of money for 2017 so i bailed. unhappy with it i started calling all vw dealerships in lower mainland and one of them had pre-ordered 3 for Jan 2018 delivery but haven't sold any of them yet. so 30mins later I was at the dealer and put my money down on 1 of them. long story short I'm getting it today after 4months from paying to getting it. I guess what im trying to say is that you should try to call every vw dealer in your city to see who can get you one the fastest.

Put a deposit down in November 2017 and was told June 2018 for delivery. Was informed today that delivery would be not until 2019 and they couldn't even give me a month for 2019.

What a mess, I don't necessarily blame the dealer, I'm sure they would love to make money and sell me a car.

May I ask who informed you? Was it the dealer or VW Canada.

I am asking this because the dealer told me that from now on vw Canada will be the one to update the customers .

egolf1 said:
May I ask who informed you? Was it the dealer or VW Canada.

I am asking this because the dealer told me that from now on vw Canada will be the one to update the customers .

Dealer told me. Think I should look into it through VW Canada?

Seems like VW is not all that serious about selling e-cars. Sad since I really think the 2017 e-Golf has a very particle range for most people and with US Fed and State incentives comes in at a great price. But there is no advertising and it seems no real interest, just a compliance car?
For my family a E-Golf and Prius easily accommodate all our driving needs.

SocaleGolf said:
Seems like VW is not all that serious about selling e-cars. Sad since I really think the 2017 e-Golf has a very particle range for most people and with US Fed and State incentives comes in at a great price. But there is no advertising and it seems no real interest, just a compliance car?
For my family a E-Golf and Prius easily accommodate all our driving needs.

What baffles me is that Sunnyvale VW is loaded with 'em and SoCal stock is drying up. I bet they are preparing for the end of leases to trickle in.

Wow they have a tone of cars, all in black or white or a shade in between. Mine is the Deep Black Pearl, but not by choice. I read somewhere that these are the colors that easily sell on the used market. I guess colors sell better in Europe. :(

I put my deposit down in Feb 2018 (London) and was told about 6 months. Recently had to sign a letter that VW Canada wanted from the dealer to confirm I was a serious buyer. I was told that I would not get the eGolf until next year maybe before Feb. Not in a rush to get this but if I can’t get a better sense of the date soon I may be looking at alternatives.

Back