Germany approves EV incentives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

News specifically on the e-Golf has been limited recently, but closely related, and from the same home-country, is a new law passed in Germany to promote electric vehicles.

The new law gives EVs parking privileges and permissions to use some bus lanes. The law will come into effect in 2015, and gives local municipalities permission to set local laws themselves.

Cars approved outside the country are also expected to be given certain benefits. Because they cannot receive a German number plate, the legislation says they will be identified by a special sticker. This is meant to ensure that electric vehicles can be easily recognised in traffic by police and others on the road.

The law will also give municipalities the possibility to reserve parking spaces at charging stations for electric vehicles as well as provide free parking.

Eligible vehicles will be all electric and fuel cell vehicles as well as plug-in hybrids with CO2 emissions below 50g/km and at least 30km of electric range.

<<<News specifically on the e-Golf has been limited recently,>>>

More like non-existent. The last e-Golf press release was Aug 27. This for a car due to be available for order in November. Yours is the only post in over a month and forum membership is stuck at a pathetic 29, compared to the i3 at over a thousand. The lack of excitement and interest doesn't bode well for sales, suggesting a compliance car rather than a serious commitment like the i3. although I hope I'm wrong

I wrote VW suggesting they issue some status update press releases, have a VW rep join the forum to answer questions, and to correct the specs to remove spare tire and add curb weight and dimensions, but only got back a list of historical press releases

Ron

Back