2 2016 SELs with Driver Asst. for Sale, Blue & Silver 15K mi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving from LA, California to Tennessee, so need to sell. Perfect condition. Leased in June 2016. Never fast charged, always 240V.

Driver Assistance package is essential for IIHS HLDI top safety rating (2016 top safety pick). Includes Forward Collision Warning & Autonomous Emergency Braking. Also includes Park Assist (automatic parking).

All VW warranties transfer free. Recent VW inspection report, purchase, and service records all available. Never smoked in.

Cash, wire transfer, US Postal Money Order, or local certified cashier’s check.

From the listings of SELs for sale in Southern California (only 4, with only one with Driver Assist), ours appear to be the best.

$19,900 or best offer, including 4 splash guards. Juice box charger and other accessories available.

You can sell a leased car, as long as you pay off the lease payout and it's not one of those leases that lack a purchase option (like Honda Fit EV or Honda Clarity FCEV). However, VW Credit makes it a bit awkward in that the original lessee has to pay off the car first, and VW Credit sends the paperwork to the original lessee in that person's name. The original lessee then has to handle the private person sale.

For some reason VW Credit won't transfer the car directly to the new buyer's name, even if buyer and original lessee both go to a dealership and let them handle the transfer.

That said, I wish I would have known about this sooner, as I would have been interested. But I bought the lease on my car 3 weeks ago.

Yes, we're selling 2 leased cars. Due to accommodations made by VW, the leases have only a few months to go. We will purchase the cars from VW directly, get the titles by FedEx, and transfer the cars to the buyers. I've worked the whole thing out with VW Leasing and the California FTB, so it will be quick and easy.

DpUVdtbjpDYGCajxQpRW said:
Yes, we're selling 2 leased cars. Due to accommodations made by VW, the leases have only a few months to go. We will purchase the cars from VW directly, get the titles by FedEx, and transfer the cars to the buyers. I've worked the whole thing out with VW Leasing and the California FTB, so it will be quick and easy.

Nothing is quick and easy with Volkswagen.... nothing. Long, long, long time loyal VW ownership and TDI nut, as well as 2015 e-Golf SEL owner. And, I paid less for my 2015 SEL, brand new, that what you're selling your lease for used. Sorry, I don't see the value in your offering.

I get very leery when a newbie shows up and just posts their cars for sale, on a bulletin board. Too many problems in the past on TDI club and VW Vortex.

Buyers, beware. Do your due diligence before handing over any payment.

The reply from JoulesThief is mistaken.

The generality that "nothing is quick and easy with VW" may well be mostly true, but my experiences with them over the last 3 years have been unbelievably terrific. I have worked with their quality control department in Michigan and the president of VW America, with nothing but superb service and results. I have pre-set up the purchase of the cars with VW Leasing and know the person there I'm dealing with. While nothing is for sure, there's every reason to believe, in this case, that the transaction will be quick and smooth. Generalities rarely apply to every case.

I don't know the relevance of his purchase price for a 2015, since the relevant prices seem to me to be other SELs for sale in my area, adjusted for the differences between my cars and those. Only 1 has the Driver Assistance Package, which I think is essential. I'm sorry he doesn't see the value in these cars, but many people I've talked to about it do think they are very good value at this price.

I have used the forum for 3 years, so I am not a newbie. I'm sorry that he gets leery, but there's no reason to. If anyone would like to discuss it with me on the phone, you can email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. I agree with his point about due diligence, and can easily give buyers anything they'd need in that regard.

Please do not be put off by this generalized negative comment. It is not applicable in this case.

DpUVdtbjpDYGCajxQpRW said:
The reply from JoulesThief is mistaken.

The generality that "nothing is quick and easy with VW" may well be mostly true, but my experiences with them over the last 3 years have been unbelievably terrific. I have worked with their quality control department in Michigan and the president of VW America, with nothing but superb service and results. I have pre-set up the purchase of the cars with VW Leasing and know the person there I'm dealing with. While nothing is for sure, there's every reason to believe, in this case, that the transaction will be quick and smooth. Generalities rarely apply to every case.

I don't know the relevance of his purchase price for a 2015, since the relevant prices seem to me to be other SELs for sale in my area, adjusted for the differences between my cars and those. Only 1 has the Driver Assistance Package, which I think is essential. I'm sorry he doesn't see the value in these cars, but many people I've talked to about it do think they are very good value at this price.

I have used the forum for 3 years, so I am not a newbie. I'm sorry that he gets leery, but there's no reason to. If anyone would like to discuss it with me on the phone, you can email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. I agree with his point about due diligence, and can easily give buyers anything they'd need in that regard.

Please do not be put off by this generalized negative comment. It is not applicable in this case.

Try Cars.com, eBay or Craigslist, you'll have better results. No one here has the access to VW corporate like you do, working with the president of VW of America. You sound like an industry insider.

Joined myvwegolf when, yesterday? But lurked here, forever....

Good luck with your sale, you'll need it.

JoulesThief said:
Long, long, long time loyal VW ownership and TDI nut, as well as 2015 e-Golf SEL owner.

O/T but if you need yet another TDI to add to your "collection", VW Santa Monica has a dark blue Touareg TDI for sale. Didn't look at it closely, I saw it there in front but I thought of you when I did see it.

When I bought out my lease, I got the title very quickly. In just under a week after I FedExed the payment. The phone agent did try to steer me to use my local dealer, but capitulated quickly when I said I just wanted a simple buy-out.

No hassle whatsoever.

Back