What is the cost of 10/20/30k... maintenance ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeGolf

Right now I have more than 5k miles in 3 month.
How much will I pay for maintenance? I live in NorCal Bay Area.
How different is the price in VW service centers.

Have you tried calling your local VW dealers to see what their pricing is? I also believe there have been previous threads here in regards to maintenance and the associated costs.

As the apparent owner of multiple VW's, I would imagine you already know the answer to "How different is the price in VW service centers?"

RonDawg said:
Have you tried calling your local VW dealers to see what their pricing is? I also believe there have been previous threads here in regards to maintenance and the associated costs.
Thank you for answer. I didn't call to any dealers yet, I thought that maybe somebody already have it done and can share what is real cost.
RonDawg said:
I also believe there have been previous threads here in regards to maintenance and the associated costs.
I didn't find on this forum
RonDawg said:
As the apparent owner of multiple VW's, I would imagine you already know the answer to "How different is the price in VW service centers?"
Yes, I know ))) It's why I asked here to know reality. From my experience not even price is different but also list of service that have to be done.

My 10k was $45 at VW Hayward. It's really just a tire rotation, brake inspection, and wiper fluid top-off.

The 20k service seems to be around $150 give or take 20 bucks. Thread is here: Cost of the 20k?

The 30k is same as the 10k plus a battery check. I would guess it's somewhere in the $50-100 range.

40k is the big one but I don't think too many have hit that yet.

johnnylingo said:
My 10k was $45 at VW Hayward. It's really just a tire rotation, brake inspection, and wiper fluid top-off.

The 20k service seems to be around $150 give or take 20 bucks. Thread is here: Cost of the 20k?

The 30k is same as the 10k plus a battery check. I would guess it's somewhere in the $50-100 range.

40k is the big one but I don't think too many have hit that yet.

We are closing in on 40k now. Last monthly "Vehicle Health Report" we received (on June 22, 2018) at 38,332 miles. The email said next maintenance due in 14,000 miles or in 841 days. So, is there a 40k service needed?

msvphoto said:
So, is there a 40k service needed?
It's essentially the 20k service plus a comprehensive inspection. Would be mandatory for leasing, sounds somewhat optional if owning. I'd guess it's $300ish, but that's still about half the price of my old Subaru's 30/60/90k maintenance.

YeGolf said:
Looks like each /20k is the most expensive. And better to do all maintenance if you want to keep the warranty for battery.

All the maintenance based on what? ICE car maintenance intervals published in the Owner's Manual or what the car says it wants in the Car Menu and monthly emails? We are closing in on 40k miles. The car and monthly email messages say we have around 13k miles or around 800 days (whichever comes first) before next maintenance service is due. Last service on CarFax was 20k, I think. Presumably it was serviced by the VW dealer we purchased the car from at 30k if it needed it since it was just over 30k when we bought it.

Since "service" is mostly things like washer fluid, tire rotation, brake fluid change, gear oil change (curious about that one--how often and what juice does it take), I don't see how the battery warranty could be impaired if one follows the in-car service reminder system for maintenance intervals.

msvphoto said:
All the maintenance based on what? ICE car maintenance intervals published in the Owner's Manual or what the car says it wants in the Car Menu and monthly emails? We are closing in on 40k miles. The car and monthly email messages say we have around 13k miles or around 800 days (whichever comes first) before next maintenance service is due. Last service on CarFax was 20k, I think. Presumably it was serviced by the VW dealer we purchased the car from at 30k if it needed it since it was just over 30k when we bought it.

Since "service" is mostly things like washer fluid, tire rotation, brake fluid change, gear oil change (curious about that one--how often and what juice does it take), I don't see how the battery warranty could be impaired if one follows the in-car service reminder system for maintenance intervals.
How is the miles range over 40k ?

YeGolf said:
msvphoto said:

Apologies for speaking out of turn, but at 31K on a 2015 e-Golf, the degradation is in the small single-digit percentages. Basically, I don't notice any degradation in range since the car was new (about three years ago).

YeGolf said:
msvphoto said:

We are "closing in on 40k" not over yet. Just 300-400 miles to go now so getting close. We live in Santa Cruz, CA which may just be the perfect climate for an e-Golf, but, our car came from Southern California on lease before we bought it. We bought it around 32k miles old. Range seemed fine then. We normally get GOM readings between 90-100 miles on full charge. Typically that really means around 85 miles range for our driving style (which is to say we generally drive it as if it were an ICE car but it 80% of the miles are around town).

I was actually tracking capacity on a spreadsheet for a while, but haven't for around 4000 miles or so. Range seems to be the same now as when we bought the car. The spreadsheet was showing between 18 to 20 kwh which seemed to be weather dependent (colder weather reduced the calculated capacity.) I was using the % of charge from CarNet web version and distance traveled from full charge for calculations, but I am not confident in the accuracy of the results which is partly why I got bored with it gave up tracking.

Range is not an issue for our intended use. If we need range we hop into the big fast gas guzzling V8 powered station wagon. Maybe someday I can turn the Ur Quattro garage queen into a long range EV, but until then we use the EV around town and my wife drives me to work 2 or 3 days a week to keep gas costs and ICE car miles to a minimum.

stevestrange said:
Apologies for speaking out of turn, but at 31K on a 2015 e-Golf, the degradation is in the small single-digit percentages. Basically, I don't notice any degradation in range since the car was new (about three years ago).
Hope my battery will behave in the same way

msvphoto said:
We are "closing in on 40k" not over yet. Just 300-400 miles to go now so getting close. We live in Santa Cruz, CA which may just be the perfect climate for an e-Golf, but, our car came from Southern California on lease before we bought it. We bought it around 32k miles old. Range seemed fine then. We normally get GOM readings between 90-100 miles on full charge. Typically that really means around 85 miles range for our driving style (which is to say we generally drive it as if it were an ICE car but it 80% of the miles are around town).

I was actually tracking capacity on a spreadsheet for a while, but haven't for around 4000 miles or so. Range seems to be the same now as when we bought the car. The spreadsheet was showing between 18 to 20 kwh which seemed to be weather dependent (colder weather reduced the calculated capacity.) I was using the % of charge from CarNet web version and distance traveled from full charge for calculations, but I am not confident in the accuracy of the results which is partly why I got bored with it gave up tracking.

Range is not an issue for our intended use. If we need range we hop into the big fast gas guzzling V8 powered station wagon. Maybe someday I can turn the Ur Quattro garage queen into a long range EV, but until then we use the EV around town and my wife drives me to work 2 or 3 days a week to keep gas costs and ICE car miles to a minimum.
I live in Sunnyvale, CA and here climate is a little bit warmer, but still good for EV. We also have a ICE car and trying to use it as minimum as possible. I have 30 miles commute in each way and drive our eGolf. After owning the car during 4 month I have a little bit more than 6k miles. I love to drive it.

I don't know exactly how much the dealers charge for the services! However, i definitely felt that i got ripped off for the pre-pay plan at $500 (for 3 service interval during the lease).

Back