For Sale: Full Service Spares From 2014 Golf in SF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to pass along the love to the community. I bought a set of 4 wheels/tires from a 2014 Golf, but I only need one as a full service spare, so I wanted to sell the rest for cheap.

Wheels are OEM and made in Germany by Ronal. 15" x 6.5" with a 5 x 112mm bolt pattern. Tires are Continental ProContact with a 400 / AA / A rating, 195/65 H speed rating, and a manufacturing date of Fall 2013. As you can see, they each have very minor curbing and tires aren't down to the wear bars yet.

Price: $25 each. :eek:
Located in San Francisco

If you want all 4, I'll sell them to you for $75 if you give me one VW temporary spare in good condition. Person who wants all 4 will take precedence over individual purchases.

XDHTsD1.jpg

OjLanWb.jpg

XsuPiSh.jpg

UpTPZm7.jpg

PJNrMWW.jpg

lARo1aD.jpg

Hmmm aren't the e-Golf's wheels 16"?

The depth of the trunk compartment is about 6" so I'd think a 6.5" tire would create a slight bulge on the cover.

johnnylingo said:
Hmmm aren't the e-Golf's wheels 16"?

The depth of the trunk compartment is about 6" so I'd think a 6.5" tire would create a slight bulge on the cover.

Yes, the stock ones are 16". But these 15" will fit. Used one this weekend to rotate my tires, so it easily clears the brake calipers. Speedometer difference between 205/55/16 versus 195/65/15 is 0.4%. You would use this to get you to your final destination, finish your trip, etc. without worrying about your speed, handling etc. that you would otherwise have to consider when using a mini temporary spare.

Regarding how to fit in the trunk, that's up to the buyer who still needs to obtain a lug wrench and scissor jack - none of which VW provides for the E-Golf.

That's a pretty good deal, less than a new tire. You should craiglist them if you can stand the nuts.

johnnylingo said:

6.5" is just the rim width. According to https://tiresize.com/calculator/ a 195/65/15 tire has a width of about 7.7". You probably wouldn't be able to put the false floor back on and have it snap into place.

Back