16" Space Saver Spare

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob2s

does anyone know if the beetle (2016) space saver spare will fit the e-golf ? They are both 5x112, but the offset might be the RUB.
Thanks

A few of us have put the space saver spares from other recent-model VW's into the eGolf. I don't think the (New) New Beetle's space saver is any different as that car is based on the same platform as MkVI Golf and the recently-discontinued version of the Jetta.

Does the space saver spare from a regular golf fit under the floor in the back of the e-golf? Does the floor still fit flush in the upper position?

I have the 18 inch space saver spare and it fits perfectly under the rear cover in the upper position.

When I first did this, the false floor didn't quite fit flush. This was due to the plastic piece that goes over the latch area causing the spare to sit up slightly higher than normal; on models with included spares, there is a cutout on this piece that is not there on the eGolf.

However, the corners did still snap into place, with a slight hump in the middle. And as the plastic of this trim piece slowly molded itself around the tire, the tire sat more flush to the floor and the false floor has become flatter.

RonDawg said:
However, the corners did still snap into place, with a slight hump in the middle. And as the plastic of this trim piece slowly molded itself around the tire, the tire sat more flush to the floor and the false floor has become flatter.
Good to know, I am getting my jetta space saver spare soon.

Oops, I for forgot to mention I had to dremel a bit of the plastic off of the plastic piece that cover the floor trunk latch. There is the option to purchase a different trunk latch cover, but I decided to go the cheap way. Since it's dark in there, it's hard to tell an amateur did the job.

Back