Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Car-Net expiring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:58 am
Posts: 17
Location: Bay Area
So I just got an email that my complimentary Car-Net subscription is ending because I've had the car for 3 years.

The way I read what I lose if I don't pay them I won't be able to check charging status unless I sit in the car and check and also I will no longer be able to setup charging schedule, am I right?

I don't care about the roadside service or setting the temp before I get in the car but the charging stuff is important.

Thanks

_________________
2015 e-Golf
Night Blue Metallic
Black Interior
Using included 110 charger
Android phone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car-Net expiring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm
Posts: 1190
Location: Los Altos, CA
Wannabeswede wrote:
So I just got an email that my complimentary Car-Net subscription is ending because I've had the car for 3 years.

The way I read what I lose if I don't pay them I won't be able to check charging status unless I sit in the car and check and also I will no longer be able to setup charging schedule, am I right?

I don't care about the roadside service or setting the temp before I get in the car but the charging stuff is important.

Thanks
Complain to VW America Customer Service. There is no other way to set the charging parameters on a 2015, so they should provide ongoing access.

_________________
2015 e-Golf LE (returned) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline w/JdeMO | Leviton EVB40 & Jesla Home Charging | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV + 2x Powerwall 2 AC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car-Net expiring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:58 am
Posts: 17
Location: Bay Area
miimura wrote:
Wannabeswede wrote:
So I just got an email that my complimentary Car-Net subscription is ending because I've had the car for 3 years.

The way I read what I lose if I don't pay them I won't be able to check charging status unless I sit in the car and check and also I will no longer be able to setup charging schedule, am I right?

I don't care about the roadside service or setting the temp before I get in the car but the charging stuff is important.

Thanks
Complain to VW America Customer Service. There is no other way to set the charging parameters on a 2015, so they should provide ongoing access.


Ok, thanks for the info

_________________
2015 e-Golf
Night Blue Metallic
Black Interior
Using included 110 charger
Android phone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car-Net expiring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 pm
Posts: 88
Wannabeswede wrote:
miimura wrote:
Wannabeswede wrote:
So I just got an email that my complimentary Car-Net subscription is ending because I've had the car for 3 years.

The way I read what I lose if I don't pay them I won't be able to check charging status unless I sit in the car and check and also I will no longer be able to setup charging schedule, am I right?

I don't care about the roadside service or setting the temp before I get in the car but the charging stuff is important.

Thanks
Complain to VW America Customer Service. There is no other way to set the charging parameters on a 2015, so they should provide ongoing access.


Ok, thanks for the info


Please report back the outcome. There have been various responses from VWoA and Car-Net about the 2015s which put some of the EV user interface on Car-Net only (such as setting the charge timer, etc.). I was told by Car-Net the basic EV functions would be renewed ongoing for the 2015s but who knows if that will really be the case.

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL my wife's daily, shared on weekends
2000 BMW 540iT my daily and our range extender
1986 Audi 4000 quattro "the cockroach" my alternate daily
1983 Audi Ur Quattro "the garage queen" looks pretty and appreciates daily


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Volkswagen e-Golf Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group