Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MY2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 am 

Looks like the VW dealer in Vancouver, WA is getting inventory as well, though just 2. This is very cool to see as previously WA state has not been on the list of available states for the e-Golf. I had to go across the river into Oregon to get my 2017.

Now if VW would update its website to show the 2018 and allow for inventory search...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm 

Noob question - do you expect the dealers to be offering any incentives right away? Reading through past threads it looked like there were $4k VW incentives commonly offered, but would those be available now?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 am 

stevestrange wrote:
2016golfse wrote:
egolfnorcal wrote:
Has anyone any additional information on whether VW will offer more than just a few 2018s? Especially any info on California?

Stock increasing (very) slowly. Sunnyvale now has 2 SEL's (now called Comfortline?), with 3 SE's on the way.

I just claimed their remaining SEL today :-). They now have 9 SEs listed on cars.com, as of a few hrs ago.

Did you get any special discount or incentive on the SEL?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:39 pm 

pheonix wrote:
stevestrange wrote:
I just claimed their remaining SEL today :-). They now have 9 SEs listed on cars.com, as of a few hrs ago.

Yes. $6K off MSRP. Too good to pass up. Had a Model 3 reservation, but I just really like the e-Golf, so now we have two :-)

2001 Audi S4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:43 pm 

stevestrange wrote:
pheonix wrote:
stevestrange wrote:

Yes. $6K off MSRP. Too good to pass up. Had a Model 3 reservation, but I just really like the e-Golf, so now we have two :-)

This was purchase, not lease. Deals on SEs probably not quite that big a discount. There aren't that many 2018s coming to the states, so if you want one, move fast!

2001 Audi S4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:59 am 

That’s impressive - especially for the first delivery of a model year in short supply!

Was there a VW incentive? Or are you just a really good negotiator? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:31 pm 

OldGil wrote:
That’s impressive - especially for the first delivery of a model year in short supply!

Was there a VW incentive? Or are you just a really good negotiator? ;)

I'm not actually sure if it was a VW incentive. This dealership does move an awful lot of cars, and they don't have much space to store them. So I think their strategy is to move cars fast, and also to be seen by VW corporate as among the highest-volume sellers of EVs (maybe the highest? not sure.).

I recommended a friend to this dealership and the same salesperson. He's getting an e-Golf SE this week. I hope to give them my business again someday.

I'm NOT an expert negotiator, by the way!

2001 Audi S4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 am 

stevestrange wrote:
I'm not actually sure if it was a VW incentive. This dealership does move an awful lot of cars, and they don't have much space to store them. So I think their strategy is to move cars fast, and also to be seen by VW corporate as among the highest-volume sellers of EVs (maybe the highest? not sure.).

I recommended a friend to this dealership and the same salesperson. He's getting an e-Golf SE this week. I hope to give them my business again someday.

I'm NOT an expert negotiator, by the way!

This matches my experience with them when I leased my 2015 e-Golf LE. They gave me the price I wanted and I did all my negotiating over the phone/email so that when I showed up, I could just sign some papers and be on my way. I greatly prefer this to engaging in the silly waiting/"let me take this to my manager" game. I'm done with that.

Post subject: How to get a 2018 SEL?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 pm 

Well, I am in the market for a replacement SEL after my 2016 e-Golf got totaled a few days ago. The entire Bay Area seems to only have 3 SELs in stock and in "weird" color combinations and without DAP. I contacted two dealers multiple times and they have not even bothered to respond. Does anyone have a good sales person or dealer they can refer me to? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: How to get a 2018 SEL?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:31 am 

egolfnorcal wrote:
Well, I am in the market for a replacement SEL after my 2016 e-Golf got totaled a few days ago. The entire Bay Area seems to only have 3 SELs in stock and in "weird" color combinations and without DAP. I contacted two dealers multiple times and they have not even bothered to respond. Does anyone have a good sales person or dealer they can refer me to? Thanks.

Oh dude, I hope you’re ok. That sucks.

What colour combo are you looking for? Sunnyvale VW is supposedly the best place for e=Golf, but I imagine you already started there