EPC light comes on, brand new 2018 e-golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I've had my e-golf a few days now. I've seen the EPC light twice. First time I may have rushed the startup sequence, maybe didn't depress brake long enough. Turned off,then on, it was fine.

The second time I'm more curious about, was when the car was charging. I pressed the start button (no brake) to just play with screens and menus. I noticed the EPC light. Yikes. I then turned off the car, unplugged, and did full startup fine.
Is this a concern?

No concern, just make sure you have your foot on the break. It must be sensitive to how much pressure. I've always started every car with my foot on the break, but I was getting EPC light 25% of the time the first few weeks I had the car. Not an issue any longer.

Yes, indeed, the brake pedal is sensitive to pressure in order to enable ignition. A weak push on the pedal may not be enough to override the safety interlock. Just pretend you are making a panic stop and that should provide enough force to depress the pedal sufficiently.

RTFM
Sorry could not resist.

And wanted to get it in before our usual Captain Obvious did

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.

Barry

same case happen for me here. i wasn't going to worry about it until i ever get stuck somewhere and it has a good amount of charge left :roll:

Back