MY2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With our SEL totaled, attempts to buy another one did not work out.

Two Bay Area dealers were not interested in a sale (i.e. never responded), one pushed the "come and test drive any nice VW we have" line, and another told me that he'd gladly sell me the 2019 e-Golf which would be delivered next week (news to, well, everyone). The one I wanted to buy was priced beyond any reason on account of supposedly multiple buyers making offers right while on the phone with the dealer - as of today it still sits on the dealer's lot.

We moved on and leased a 2019 Leaf with nearly $ 13,000 in discounts and two years of free/discounted charging.

Thanks everyone for the good advice and resources shared. Enjoy your e-Golfs.

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. Were you willing to consider used?

I had a Leaf before the eGolf and while it was fine, I would miss the eGolf’s Germanic personality if I had to go back.

Is the 2019 Leaf the one with 150 mile range or the 200+ mile one? I’m not sure if the latter is at dealers yet.

RonDawg said:
Is the 2019 Leaf the one with 150 mile range or the 200+ mile one? I’m not sure if the latter is at dealers yet.

Leaf e-Plus. It'll have a liquid-cooled 60 kWh pack and cost around $5k more than the standard 2019 40 kWh Leaf, making it comparable to the Bolt. Probably won't see them at dealers until early next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xn0Ryfv4m8

VW USA website has finally updated with the 2018 E-Golf. After a quick comparison:

1) There appears to be no difference in the 2017 and 2018 SE models. Level 3 charging remains the only option.
2) Compared to the 2017 SEL, the 2018 SEL has increased the touchscreen from 8" to 9.2" standard and the digital cockpit is also standard. The rest of the DAP remains the only option.

Back