key fobs dead, can't unlock charger from car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone,

both of our key fobs stopped working after i replaced the batteries, and now i can't remove the charger from the car. this seriously impinges upon my ability to take the car to the dealership tomorrow to have them reprogrammed.

this is a 2016, and i'm using the 110V siemens charger.

any help would definitely be appreciated... thanks in advance!

shane

shaneknapp said:
hey everyone,

both of our key fobs stopped working after i replaced the batteries, and now i can't remove the charger from the car. this seriously impinges upon my ability to take the car to the dealership tomorrow to have them reprogrammed.

this is a 2016, and i'm using the 110V siemens charger.

any help would definitely be appreciated... thanks in advance!

shane

1) both "new" batteries i had bought for the key fobs were DOA (tested on my fluke)
2) i finally found the owner's manual (it wasn't where it was supposed to be lol), which let me manually unlock the car and remove the charger
3) bought two more new batteries for the fobs and was able to pair them successfully to the car
4) phew. :)

miimura said:
For future reference, the door unlock button on the front doors also unlocks the charge port.

yep, i accidentally discovered that while locking/unlocking the car w/the key! :)

Back