2016 e-Golf max DC Fast Charging Rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to drive a 2015 e-Golf, and I saw it max out at 42-43 kW once. I suspect your 2016 is similar. But the max amperage draw at any given time depends on state of charge, battery temperature, and maximum amp delivering capability of the DCFC station.

Check out this article:

https://insideevs.com/fast-charging-curves-popular-electric-cars/

The InsideEVs curve for the 26kWh e-Golf is consistent with the one time I used a Chargepoint DCFC with my '16. Power started around 40 kW and rose slowly to 43.8 kW, then sloped down. I unplugged when the charger reported 91% SOC -- no other charger I've used has reported this info.

I've seen 37 to 38 kWh on my 2015 e-Golf SEL, the few times I've used DCFC in the 20 minute charge version... by 17 18 minutes, it's slowing down considerably.

The ChargePoint 100 units I've seen, at best, 20.5 kWh on the 24 kWh version. It will take you 50 minutes to get to 80% and probably 60 minutes to get to 90% SOC on these models. The ChargePoint 100's are a LOT easier on the battery pack, in terms of not generating too much heat inside the battery pack.

Back