225/40 18 EV LRR tire options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to replace the OEM wheels with 18" GTI wheels. I would like to stay with tires as close to the stock diameter as possible. Also want to have EV Low Rolling Resistance tires. Is there a list of available options out there some where?

I have only found the Michelin Primacy MXM4. Are there other options available? Anyone have experience with these?

It's hard to know the actual LRR performance of any tire in the USA because there is not a proportional rating system. In Europe there is a better system to rate rolling resistance performance. Given that, at Tire Rack, they have a "Eco Focus" binary filter. These are the tires I would consider in that size:

All Season: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season (92H 500A-A) $132
Winter: Michelin X-Ice XI3 (92H) $202
Summer: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (92Y 300AA-A) $204

Tires in that size are generally going to be more on the "performance" end of the scale (as seen with the above suggestions), and even with so-called Low Rolling Resistance ratings is probably going to have a considerably higher rolling resistance than the OEM tire.

If you want to preserve range yet have a more upgraded look, you may want to drop down to a 17 inch wheel instead. Nissan used a 215-50/17 on some higher end Leafs and the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 is available in that size. Nissan used the same 205-55/16 size as the eGolf on the lower trim levels. The 17 inch tire will have a slightly larger (0.2" diameter, or 0.8% increase) overall size than the 16 inch, but your speedometer likely has a greater built-in error than that.

Looking for an all season. Any experience with the with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season or the Michelin Pimacy MXM4.

Anyone know what tires comes on the GTE in Europe?

troutrover said:
Looking for an all season. Any experience with the with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season or the Michelin Pimacy MXM4.

Anyone know what tires comes on the GTE in Europe?
The picture in the story linked below makes it look like a Bridgestone Potenza S001 or S007. They are Max Performance Summer and Extreme Performance Summer tires respectively.

https://insideevs.com/updated-volkswagen-golf-gte-3420-cheaper-than-outgoing-model/

Back