Heating vibration and "MK 7.X" questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1485

Happy Holidays, e-Golfers! Two questions:

1) Now that it's actually chilly in NorCal I've been using my heat. I notice a fair amount of vibration and a noise to go along with it, is this normal behavior? The car isn't shaking or anything like that, but you can definitely tell a difference.

2) I have a 2017 SEL, is that considered a MK 7? Or a MK 7.5 (also seen it referred to as the "Facelift" version)? I'm toying around with the idea of some upgrades, because...well, why not!

I find that the heat pump on my 2015 SEL is a bit noisy. I think others have posted the same. Not enough to make me bring it back to the dealer though.

As far as what yours is called, yes it's the Mk 7.5 "facelift." The taillights are slightly different than on the 2015/2016 models; on the newer cars, there is a whitish strip on the lower outboard portion that blinks along with the brake light when the turn signal is on; on the older US cars, this is a reflector strip and does not light up at all. On some Golf models the headlights are different as well (not sure about the eGolf). The changes visually are quite subtle and if you're not a VW geek you'd need to park an older one next to it to point them out, but apparently there are enough differences for aftermarket accessory companies like deAutoLED and ECS to differentiate it as a separate model.

RonDawg said:
The changes visually are quite subtle and if you're not a VW geek you'd need to park an older one next to it to point them out, but apparently there are enough differences for aftermarket accessory companies like deAutoLED and ECS to differentiate it as a separate model.

The 7.5 is differentiated as a separate model because the front fenders are also different (part of the headlight redesign). The headlights are incompatible between the 7 and the 7.5.

Back