Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dephan said:
After used Carista to set up passenger mirror dips when reverse, the mirror doesn't go up when drive forward.
Only goes up if I turn the mirror switch to " Off" position, or after turn the car off & On agian.
Any body have the same problem? . If you don't , please tell me how to set up in Carista.
Thank you.

You have to put the mirror switch in the off position for it to return back to its original setting. So yes every time you reverse you have to put the mirror switch to "R" if you want the dip feature.

dephan said:
After used Carista to set up passenger mirror dips when reverse, the mirror doesn't go up when drive forward.
Only goes up if I turn the mirror switch to " Off" position, or after turn the car off & On agian.
Any body have the same problem? . If you don't , please tell me how to set up in Carista.
Thank you.

I don't have Carista or a 2017, but for my 2016 using VAG-COM, the mirror returns to the normal position after moving forward and exceeding a certain speed even with the mirror switch staying in "R". It doesn't return to the normal position immediately when moving forward because the system assumes you're parallel parking and moving forward/backward repeatedly to maneuver into a space.

RonDawg said:
You have to put the mirror switch in the off position for it to return back to its original setting. So yes every time you reverse you have to put the mirror switch to "R" if you want the dip feature.

You shouldn't have to if programmed correctly.

2016golfse said:
dephan said:
Thank you.

I don't have Carista or a 2017, but for my 2016 using VAG-COM, the mirror returns to the normal position after moving forward and exceeding a certain speed even with the mirror switch staying in "R". It doesn't return to the normal position immediately when moving forward because the system assumes you're parallel parking and moving forward/backward repeatedly to maneuver into a space.

RonDawg said:

You shouldn't have to if programmed correctly.

Apparently the person who made the script in Carista didn't do it correctly then. And it's not a feature I use everyday, only when I need to reverse parallel park into a curbside space, which is not often. I don't always want that mirror to dip down, such as when I need to back into my garage.

Egolf16 was right, when we drive forward to 20 kmh, the mirror goes up. Also if you rurn off the car, it turns up too.
The Carista does good job. All features, function read write are correct.

I found that the mirror selector knob on the drivers door needed to be turned to the "R" position for the feature to work.

Back