Amplifier and speakers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

happy 2017 SE owner here.

I'd like to upgrade speakers and amp. VW offers this premium amplifier, that supposedly fits my car. Has anyone ever done this? Do i need to reprogram anything?

There is the Helix upgrade. It adds a sub to the trunk and includes a new amp to power your existing speakers. The stock speakers are supposed to be decent (for stock speakers). The floor of the trunk must be in the upper position to fit the sub. The DSP needs to be programmed to your Golf. Numerous posts on various VW forums where you can rent the dongle for DSP programming.

Thank you!

The floor of the trunk must be in the upper position to fit the sub
What do you mean? Is it gonna be non-horizontal? Have you seen anyone putting it in e-golf and discussing it on other forums?

Purchased 5C6-035-453-B speakers for now, and researching sub options..

On some other Golf models, the false floor can be put into two different positions, "upper" and "lower." I know that's the case with my Alltrack, at least until I put a full-size spare in there. But the eGolf's spare tire well is very shallow and barely even fits a donut spare.

ok, my floor looks exactly like R floor on this video. He says the height of the sub is 5 1/2 inch, and I just tried to fit 5 1/2 tall object there and it fits. I'll probably pull the trigger.

Installed 000051419B in my 2017 e-golf today. It's perfect, I guess need to program it still, but so far it's great. Follow the instructions for "old" systems, not DIN/ISO. Most painful was to fit wires behind the infotainment block. Pin removal tools are the must.

Volkswagen of Puyallup sells it for 20% off MSRP + 15% VW rebate for accessories.

Back