SIM card reader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkuballa

I am reading the "Discover Pro (Generation 2 GP), Infotainment System, Phone Interface" manual.

In the chapter about "Wi-Fi hotspot" it states on page 57 that data transfer is possible with a SIM card sitting in the SIM card reader. And in the chapter about "Phone interface" it states on page 64 that the phone interface is not available if no SIM card is in the SIM card reader, with a pointer to page 39 right next to SIM card reader (actually, this part of the manual is still in German and reads "SIM-Kartenleser -> page 39").

However, page 39 does not mention anything about SIM cards or SIM card reader. Nor can I find any information where that damn SIM card reader is to be found.

Does anybody know where I can find the SIM card reader?

Regards,
Werner

If you have a US model e-Golf there is no function that uses a SIM card. Even if you connect the WiFi, I don't think there is any function that will use that either. In Europe you can update the maps with a WiFi download. However, in USA, the dealers typically sell the map updates, so they don't want to let the system update itself over the air.

Unfortunately the eGolf manual is an example of a lot of cut and paste from a different version, with poor editing. Much of the manual does not apply to the eGolf and/or the US-spec version.

Back