Start in Eco+ Mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI

I am just wondering can you set the car to start in Eco+ mode? Most of the time my Au Pair has one my 2015 eGolf's and I use the 2018 one. But she is constantly running low on battery. I have shown her how to change but she forgets.

Are you able to set it up so the car automatically starts in Eco+ mode?

Thanks

If your au pair keeps forgetting to charge the car, putting it permanently in Eco+ is only going to postpone the inevitable (running out of charge). She needs to realize that charging the car is important, no different than remembering to put gas in a regular car. Except charging takes a lot longer.

Perhaps a note on the door that says “did you plug the car in?”

bignelly1979 said:
HI

I am just wondering can you set the car to start in Eco+ mode? Most of the time my Au Pair has one my 2015 eGolf's and I use the 2018 one. But she is constantly running low on battery. I have shown her how to change but she forgets.

Are you able to set it up so the car automatically starts in Eco+ mode?

Thanks

Sounds exactly the way my wife used to drive her ICE car, always on empty no matter how many times I told her it was bad for the fool pump, how much they cost, and what a PITA they can be for me to replace (in my role as fleet mechanic). I have changed a few, but thankfully did not see the feared higher failure rates some say is a result of running on empty all the time.

Let's just say I take charge of charging the eGolf for her now. She has learned how, and is warming up to it, but I try to help manage her charging as much as I can. If for no other reason than to make sure she doesn't feel the need to charge during weekdays when our rate is triple that of overnight on our PG&E EV rate plan.

2nd on the reminder sticker is all I can think of too if the car needs to be charged more than once every 24 hours. Or, get her a PHEV instead of a straight EV because at least then she can buy gas to keep it moving.

I like the sound of your small fleet of eGolfs!

Back