2015 SEL e-Golf White with Beige up 4sale 16k miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of letting my very well taken care of 2015 SEL e-Golf go to a new owner. Has HOV tags, currently 16,046 miles and slowly climbing. Battery has been well taken care of, almost always level 2 charging in the garage at 7.2kWh charge rate. Tires still have plenty of tread. Almost always driven in a hypermile fashion with 6 to 6.3 miles per kWh being achieved for most life of the car. Owner is 60 and retired.

Located in N San Fernando Valley, CA in Los Angeles. Would consider delivery within a 100 mile radius of my home.

Private message me, make me an offer I can't refuse.

I've been looking at a 2017 SEL, but this one needs to go first, to help fund the next one.

JoulesThief said:
Thinking of letting my very well taken care of 2015 SEL e-Golf go to a new owner. Has HOV tags, currently 16,046 miles and slowly climbing. Battery has been well taken care of, almost always level 2 charging in the garage at 7.2kWh charge rate. Tires still have plenty of tread. Almost always driven in a hypermile fashion with 6 to 6.3 miles per kWh being achieved for most life of the car. Owner is 60 and retired.

Located in N San Fernando Valley, CA in Los Angeles. Would consider delivery within a 100 mile radius of my home.

Private message me, make me an offer I can't refuse.

I've been looking at a 2017 SEL, but this one needs to go first, to help fund the next one.

Is this still for sale? I'm in Santa Clarita, CA. Do you have pics? Thanks!

f1geek said:
What color are the HOV tags? Only red and purple are now eligible for HOV lane access.

There aren't any 3 year old electric vehicles here in CA with HOV tags, period.

JoulesThief said:
f1geek said:
What color are the HOV tags? Only red and purple are now eligible for HOV lane access.

Thats not necessarily true. Depends when they applied for the sticker, not when the car was sold.

Sparklebeard said:
JoulesThief said:
f1geek said:

Thats not necessarily true. Depends when they applied for the sticker, not when the car was sold.

There's a time stamp on there too, original post was when car was 2.5 years old. Someone was grave digging with this post. If they come and see the car, they will see the car, not the tags, which are no longer valid.

I can see the trolls do not want me selling me car around here, by posting nonsensical garbage about HOV tags, instead of the car, which is what the person is looking for... which means I'll just still be around here as a contributor for a few more years until it does sell. That should make all of the peanut gallery in here quite happy! :mrgreen:

I'd bet there are very few if any 2015's out there with getting a red or purple tag as an option. Almost everyone got white tags for their e-Golfs ASAP after buying them. But thanks for playing the devil's advocate. The person that's inquiring is looking for an electric car, not HOV stickers I would suspect they would be very hard pressed to find any electric 2015 vehicles here in CA with HOV stickers any more, same for Toyota Prius's. California promotes HOV for new car sales, not used cars.

JoulesThief said:
There's a time stamp on there too, original post was when car was 2.5 years old.

Please don't age us any faster JT. Unless you deleted a post from this thread your OP was less than a year ago in April 2018. At this point in life we both need all the years we can get!

If your car is really still for sale it should be a great used eGolf to consider since your care and the way you drive it is well documented.

Update:

My 2015 SEL was white tagged in December of 2015. The HOV tag expired Jan 1st, 2019. Currently, it is just under 20,000 miles. It is an SEL model, with 7.2 kWh charger on board, and it does have the DCFC port too, though I followed VW's recommendation of using it sparingly, as battery life is something I try very hard to preserve, whether it's on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or my car. Conservative charge rates extend the battery life, as does conservative driving. My Ecopias tires are not anywhere close to even being half way worn out. Would even be more surprised if my car even shows any discernible brake pad wear, either, since I never seem to wash off any black brake residue off of the rims when washing the car.

Back