Max Wattage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESA1178

Hi all.

My manual says that wattage use can be no more than 120 watts max or 190 watts for 2 or more.
Does that mean 2 or more from one outlet? Or 2 or more overall?
I have a 400 watt inverter and the combined wattage for items that I would be powering is 280 watts.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Ron:

From the VW manual for my car:

Maximum power draw
Socket Maximum power draw
12 Volts 120 watts

If 2 or more electrical devices are connected at the same time, the total power draw of all connected devices must never be more than 190 watts ⇒ .

The maximum power draw at any one socket must never be exceeded. Electrical devices should have information on them that says how much power they draw.

My Son will be using a game console drawing 240W and a monitor drawing 60w
Car will be in motion at all times...
Mark

Hard wire the inverter to the battery using a separate relay controlled by the ignition.

While charging or driving, the car should handle about 200 amps on the 12v circuit before it starts to drain the lead acid battery.

Get a separate power supply battery for your kids games, unless you want to buy a new battery and or alternator for your e-Golf. Or find a more energy efficient game for your son, that runs on 12V and doesn't suffer the loses that an inverter creates.

I have a 12V Samsung 24" TV in my travel trailer, 1080p, that draws 18 watts, and it's a very good, bright display, so find something more energy efficient that runs on 12V.

Back