Replace seat adjustment plastic handle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,

The plastic handle on my 2016 drivers seat slider adjustment lever has been damaged since before I got the car and I have received the replacement plastic piece to repair it.

Only problem is I can’t quite figure out how to remove the old part! It looks like it should just slide out with a bit of force but it doesn’t seem to budge and I don’t want to break the car in the process.

Anyone got any advice here? I have searched a lot of mk7 resources and surprisingly am coming up blank!

Edit: done

What I sometimes do is go down to the parts dept of a VW dealership and have them print out a picture, or schematic of the affected area for me. Usually you can figure out then, the method of fastening, and how to remove. I would think VW has some sort of ingenious and hard to find clip that's a PIA to activate to remove, unless you have some special tool to remove it.

Sometimes you can ask a technician one on one, how it's done, and flip him some beer money for the tip or suggestion on how to remove or reinstall. Knowledge and experience is worth something, or you can go the school of hard knocks.

*maniacal laughter*

Me: 1
School of hard knocks: 0

I have literally no idea how the previous owner did this. Did they have a pet capybara or something chewing on it 24/7?

Anyway, it has a new handle now and all is well.

Trying to figure out this exact issue right now. In my case it was a Boston terrier, not a capybara...

Any tips to getting this piece to come off?

Thank you!

Sparklebeard said:
*maniacal laughter*

Me: 1
School of hard knocks: 0

I have literally no idea how the previous owner did this. Did they have a pet capybara or something chewing on it 24/7?

Anyway, it has a new handle now and all is well.

Back