shopping for a used 15-16 eGolf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renzo

Thank you for the feedback on my posts. Given my situation, I feel like the eGolf would be a great choice for my next car.

I was hoping to get a 2017 model but they don't have any in my area. My commutes are short and I have my wife's car for longer commutes so the range wouldn't be a problem for me.

With the eGolfs being more affordable in the used market, is there anything I should look out for when shopping for a 2015-16 eGolf?

renzo said:
Thank you for the feedback on my posts. Given my situation, I feel like the eGolf would be a great choice for my next car.

I was hoping to get a 2017 model but they don't have any in my area. My commutes are short and I have my wife's car for longer commutes so the range wouldn't be a problem for me.

With the eGolfs being more affordable in the used market, is there anything I should look out for when shopping for a 2015-16 eGolf?

If CarPlay/Android Auto is important to you you'll need the 2016. If they aren't, the 2015 is a good choice, though you won't be able to set charge timers etc without paying for Carnet.

All 2015's have the 7.2 kW Level 2 charger and Level 3 charging too, but no Android Auto/Apple Carplay.
All 2016's have the 7.2 kW Level 2 charger, Level 3 charging, and Android Auto/Apple Carplay, except for the SE models without the Quick Charge package.

For me, I'd choose the cleanest and cheapest one with the fewest miles that was registered in an area that doesn't routinely see 90+ degree temps during the summer given that no E-Golf has liquid cooling of the batteries.

https://spaces.hightail.com/space/yZm8Z/files/fi-00650ed0-5573-4a46-aa3d-e1f72a491a78/fv-b3ee5abf-d988-4178-8164-bc45bd7b6584/eGolf%20Trim%20Comparison.pdf

Sparklebeard said:
renzo said:

If CarPlay/Android Auto is important to you you'll need the 2016. If they aren't, the 2015 is a good choice, though you won't be able to set charge timers etc without paying for Carnet.

You can set charge timers with a JuiceNet40 Pro on a 2015. You can also set how many Kwh you want to add to the battery too.

Back