Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Charging timer issues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm 

For my car the only thing that works is the maximum charge % for the car on what days. the timing still doesn't work for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:22 pm 

I have an apt at the dealership tomorrow for this . i will see what their egolf tech says. I will post my findings once i get the car back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:54 pm 

I learned something new today . Egolf Tech informed me that the minimum battery percentage will take precedence over the timing that is set.
Example: if you set the the minimum to a high amount 95%. The car will fill to that amount and then start the delay charging rules will kick in . That totally messed me up since i thought the delay rule and minimum charging percentage works in unison to provide the delay charge while providing the minimum %.

Hope that helps other with their charging issues. Now lets see if it works once grab the car back from the dealership.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 am 

BomBoi wrote:
I learned something new today . Egolf Tech informed me that the minimum battery percentage will take precedence over the timing that is set.
Example: if you set the the minimum to a high amount 95%. The car will fill to that amount and then start the delay charging rules will kick in . That totally messed me up since i thought the delay rule and minimum charging percentage works in unison to provide the delay charge while providing the minimum %.

Hope that helps other with their charging issues. Now lets see if it works once grab the car back from the dealership.

Yes, the Minimum Charge Level is not intended to be set to a high level. It is designed to get the car back to a useful level like 50% in case you need to make another trip before the scheduled charging window arrives. It can also be used to ensure that the car does not remain at a very low level SOC. For example, if you arrive home at 10% SOC, you can have the car charge up to 25% SOC on expensive daytime power and then charge the rest of the way on Off-Peak power.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 pm 

miimura wrote:
Yes, the Minimum Charge Level is not intended to be set to a high level. It is designed to get the car back to a useful level like 50% in case you need to make another trip before the scheduled charging window arrives. It can also be used to ensure that the car does not remain at a very low level SOC. For example, if you arrive home at 10% SOC, you can have the car charge up to 25% SOC on expensive daytime power and then charge the rest of the way on Off-Peak power.

I have mine set to 80% and have not had any issues. I don’t have ToU pricing so when I charge doesn’t matter to me, though I try not to do so during the heat of the day to both preserve the battery as well as not put any more strain on the grid when everybody is running their A/C.

The ability to set the minimum charge level to 80% has come in handy since I no longer pay for CarNet and thus cannot set/change timers on my 2015 model. Now I just plug in and forget about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:16 pm 

Awesome , now i understand the logic. Thanks everyone