golf inventory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Verbruggan said:
Alas, I am kinda psyched about my lil search tonight, because I might be the only dark green SE owner in the northeast. I don't see any fer sale out there!

you got a 2019 in great falls Green?! I thought they dropped that for 19! it wasn't even listed on the website as an option when i got mine. whats the build date of yours? curious to see if they cut the colour mid cycle!

picked up a 2019 SE from Oakland. plan to keep it until the wheels fall off. didn't realize this might be the last batch.

JoulesThief said:
I am rethinking my needs for my next electric car. I don't like the idea of feeling tethered every 100 to 115 miles on the freeway, when 200 or more is possible in a 3. Plus... the 3 has surveillance camera's on it. I really wish my e-Golf had that feature.

If I ordered a 3, I'm not in a rush for delivery. Hell, if I could save the delivery fee, I'd just fly in and pick it up in Fremont, CA, or where ever. That would be a fun drive back home.

I like the way I'm doing this now...eGolf for 90% of my needs, Alltrack for the rest. Isn't that why you have not one, but TWO TDI's? For long distances? Last year I only had to DCFC maybe a handful of times. When I go long distance, I go LONG distance...as in 400+ miles. But those are rare...the Alltrack is 2-1/2 years old and has only 16k miles even though it's been on a few road trips to Tahoe, Vegas, Arizona, and even the Canadian Rockies.

From what I've read on other forums, the 3 has quite a bit of build quality issues. Makes VW look like a Toyota in reliability. And their finances still seem a bit shaky.

RonDawg said:
JoulesThief said:
I am rethinking my needs for my next electric car. I don't like the idea of feeling tethered every 100 to 115 miles on the freeway, when 200 or more is possible in a 3. Plus... the 3 has surveillance camera's on it. I really wish my e-Golf had that feature.

If I ordered a 3, I'm not in a rush for delivery. Hell, if I could save the delivery fee, I'd just fly in and pick it up in Fremont, CA, or where ever. That would be a fun drive back home.

I like the way I'm doing this now...eGolf for 90% of my needs, Alltrack for the rest. Isn't that why you have not one, but TWO TDI's? For long distances? Last year I only had to DCFC maybe a handful of times. When I go long distance, I go LONG distance...as in 400+ miles. But those are rare...the Alltrack is 2-1/2 years old and has only 16k miles even though it's been on a few road trips to Tahoe, Vegas, Arizona, and even the Canadian Rockies.

From what I've read on other forums, the 3 has quite a bit of build quality issues. Makes VW look like a Toyota in reliability. And their finances still seem a bit shaky.

Only reason I have the Touareg is to tow my Travel Trailer. Took the passat on a 430 mile round trip earlier this week. 49.5 MPG doing 65 up 395 to the Owens Valley and back. I must say, the passat SEL is much, much more comfortable than the e-Golf SEL. Both are 2015's, however the Passat is due for a DSG transmission gearbox service, oil and filter. About $450, with reset of clutch pack engagement points and about $160 in material and 2 hours of labor @ 135 .

fyfchu said:
We are trying to decide what to do when our 2016 e-golf lease is up at the end of May (we already extended 6 months). We stopped by a dealer and they had a "few cars" with the loss leader 24 month lease - it is a reasonably good deal. As we started to leave, the salesman said "if you want to get one, you better decide now since VW won't ship any more e-golfs to dealers ever".

Does anyone know if this is true or just BS to push the sale?

We now know the answer: Just BS to push the sale, since Sunnyvale and Serramonte have resupplied their inventory of SE models, although color choice seems more limited now.

Verbruggan said:
Alas, I am kinda psyched about my lil search tonight, because I might be the only dark green SE owner in the northeast. I don't see any fer sale out there!

Search jus' a little further inland. York (Pennsylvania) VW has one:

https://www.yorkvw.com/new-York-2019-Volkswagen-e+Golf-SE-WVWKR7AU6KW901995

I got my silver-white from the same dealership for $24k. The GFG is the same price online as my silver-white was.

--Chris

Sparklebeard said:
Verbruggan said:

you got a 2019 in great falls Green?! I thought they dropped that for 19! it wasn't even listed on the website as an option when i got mine. whats the build date of yours? curious to see if they cut the colour mid cycle!

DOB off the line in Wolfsburg is September 20, 2018!

Chris said:
Verbruggan said:

Search jus' a little further inland. York (Pennsylvania) VW has one:

https://www.yorkvw.com/new-York-2019-Volkswagen-e+Golf-SE-WVWKR7AU6KW901995

I got my silver-white from the same dealership for $24k. The GFG is the same price online as my silver-white was.

--Chris

That particular VIN is only different from mine by about 400. Likely "Geboren" the same day as mine 9/20/18. We toured Wolfsburg in 2016, they rolled out about 3,200 Golf's per day. And the factory is tooled to assemble EV, Benzine oder Diesel, regardless of the order. They can switch on the fly.

Verbruggan said:
DOB off the line in Wolfsburg is September 20, 2018!

I think the early 2019's had Great Falls Green and White Silver available. They also have the same front bumper cover as the 2015-2018 models. I don't think those colors are available anymore, and my 2019 Pure White SE (build date of January 2019) has black strakes like a Golf GTI with the C-shaped LED running lights. Does yours have the black strakes? See this photo for reference:

image-1.jpg

JoulesThief said:
the Passat is due for a DSG transmission gearbox service, oil and filter. About $450, with reset of clutch pack engagement points and about $160 in material and 2 hours of labor @ 135 .

DSG service is cheap compared to service on a Tesla. And is that the VW dealer price? If so a good independent can save on labor.

RonDawg said:
JoulesThief said:
the Passat is due for a DSG transmission gearbox service, oil and filter. About $450, with reset of clutch pack engagement points and about $160 in material and 2 hours of labor @ 135 .

DSG service is cheap compared to service on a Tesla. And is that the VW dealer price? If so a good independent can save on labor.

If you know a good independent that does VW's in the SFV, post up here, or PM me.

Did Sunnyvale replenish the inventory? I see 15 SE's and 17 SEL's
https://sunnyvalevw.financing.dealer.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&saveFacetState=true&model=e-Golf&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-model-2

They told me that I can't lease out of state, even if I pay off 24 months lease on the spot.

Can someone share their lease experience and pricing?
I have been reviewing 24 months lease from 4 dealers within Seattle radius. Between $325 - $355/month with "0" due at signing and $14700 residual after 24 months.

mpulsiv said:
Did Sunnyvale replenish the inventory? I see 15 SE's and 17 SEL's
https://sunnyvalevw.financing.dealer.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&saveFacetState=true&model=e-Golf&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-model-2

They told me that I can't lease out of state, even if I pay off 24 months lease on the spot.

Can someone share their lease experience and pricing?
I have been reviewing 24 months lease from 4 dealers within Seattle radius. Between $325 - $355/month with "0" due at signing and $14700 residual after 24 months.

The only way to get an e-Golf out of state is to buy used, or buy brand new. Can't get leases out of state.

mpulsiv, I'm in Portland and tried to do an out-of-state lease deal for weeks unsuccessfully. Got in touch with dealers nationwide also. To make matters worse, both lease and buy deals in the PNW suck. Finally, we bought a blue SE w/ DAP sight unseen from Hanlees in the Bay area and had it shipped. We got it for $24K + $700 shipping door to door. With the Fed and Oregon $2.5K rebate, we'll end up w/ a brand new 2019 for around $15K - better than any lease I think...

Vantagebox said:
mpulsiv, I'm in Portland and tried to do an out-of-state lease deal for weeks unsuccessfully. Got in touch with dealers nationwide also. To make matters worse, both lease and buy deals in the PNW suck. Finally, we bought a blue SE w/ DAP sight unseen from Hanlees in the Bay area and had it shipped. We got it for $24K + $700 shipping door to door. With the Fed and Oregon $2.5K rebate, we'll end up w/ a brand new 2019 for around $15K - better than any lease I think...

I just sent an inquiry about their lease special. $99/month with $2k down. Hopefully, I'll hear back from them.
http://www.hanleeshilltopvolkswagen.com/specials/new.htm

There's one for $18575, 10 miles away from me but it puzzle me how it's $280/month with $2k down
http://www.cartervw.com/vehicle-details/new-2019-volkswagen-e-golf-se-seattle-wa-id-28294809
i-crxTJ5g-M.jpg

vantage box, I'm also in the PDX area. Have you received your SE from Hanlee's in CA yet? We were kind of screwed when we visited H-M here and am wondering if the Hanlee's deal worked out for you. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

audball said:
vantage box, I'm also in the PDX area. Have you received your SE from Hanlee's in CA yet? We were kind of screwed when we visited H-M here and am wondering if the Hanlee's deal worked out for you. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hanlee didn't have a problem to lease the car out of state, unlike Sunnyvale. They response was prompt. I keep scratching my head if it's even worth to drive back ~800 miles to WA. Too much hassle and shipping the car is over $800.
I have dealt with 5 dealers and they keep bugging to come in. I have no intention to waste time until I see complete price breakdown over email.

I just replied to someone from PDX over PM but here's the details of our deal and yes, we have the car and have been driving it (and loving it) for a few weeks now:

First we visited/talked to a number of dealers in the PNW, they were all thieves. Then I started getting in touch with dealers nationwide but couldn't close the deal on a good lease. Many of the leases are local to specific states/regions. Finally, got in touch with a number of Bay area dealers to just buy one outright. Many didn't want to deal with an out of state buyer but Joe'l Arances from Hanlees made the deal happen and did a fantastic job throughout. They also had more than 20 of them in stock in all kind of colors. Discounted price was $24.5K for the Blue SE we wanted w/ DAP (before any fed/state rebates) as long as we financed w/ them at a ridiculous rate (5.9%). No biggie, since we're paying off that loan in 4 months. Add to that $500 SCCA VW discount. Used Shipacardirect to get it over here for about $700 but that can fluctuate a bit. Deal closed on Thursday night, had my car at my front door Saturday at noon. Only problem so far is that Oregon's registration procedures are a PIA (car was never titled/taxed in CA) so we've been driving it w/ temporary plates at $35 a pop.

Finally, we absolutely love it and we charge it for free at work. If you get in touch with Joe'l, tell him John from Oregon sent you to duplicate the deal.

Good luck!

Back