Carnet lying through its teeth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deschodt

So I gave Car-net another chance with the 2019 Egolf and for the past three weeks several times a day, it is letting me know one or all the windows are down, or the car is unlocked and every time it’s been completely untrue. I’ve gone to it without keys - locked. Windows up... Not that I care that much about Car-Net I just wanted to check if that was a common thing?

Another thing I have noticed is you cannot disconnect the charging gun as quickly as you could with a 2016, unlock - boom.. I often have to unlock the car three or four times and wait like 5 seconds in case the charger woke up, it won’t let you do it. Not exactly improvements. Still a pretty good car overall though!

I can't comment on carnet as I hardly use it, but when I unlock my e-Golf, I can pull the J1772 charging plug out of the vehicle inlet after about a second ( I hear the solenoid retract almost immediately after unlocking the car).

I never have any problem you've described. I have the correct update status from Carnet, including the geo-fencing. The lock/unlock function works fine.

For the charging lock, I just need to press the unlock button on either the driver or passenger door, and it almost unlock immediately.

BTW, mine is 2019 SE.

Ok thanks guys... Looking at another Car-net Alert on my phone *right now*, windows down. Funny... I'll jut delete the app, it was useless before and apparently still is.

No a big deal on the plug, now that I figured out it takes a few seconds. Before on the 2016 I could just press unlock and pull it out and then get in the car. Now as you pointed out, the act of unlocking the car wakes it up and causes the charger to kick in for a second, and the car won't release the charger gun until the charger realizes it doesn't need to be on and turns off again. That's my 3-4 seconds pause... Just a different behavior - I was worried the solenoid was a problem...

Lz5NONk.jpg

Pretty much all of the above is complete BS... (except the "locked" I guess...) That app is still not ready for prime time ;-)

I'd use that carnet button inside your car, and ask for a reset, and a new number to your carnet account, that something is wonky with the current account you have.

JoulesThief said:
I'd use that carnet button inside your car, and ask for a reset, and a new number to your carnet account, that something is wonky with the current account you have.

^ This is what I would recommend too. Carnet is too expensive to just deal with it not working. (Even if you're using the free trial, I consider the trial part of the price of the vehicle. Expensive!)

I notice I do get notifications of doors open and windows down if I stop the motor but take a while to unload the car and actually lock it up. I get the alert while I'm still unloading. Strictly speaking the car is reporting correctly, when it parked and reported its state the doors were open.

I don't personally notice a difference between my 16 and 19 in terms of how quickly CarNet alerts me to that stuff though. They're both equally anxious bois.

Back