2015-6 e-Golf HVAC 72F fix Tech Tip 87-15-02

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Boston Volkswagen in Watertown MA. It's a known issue for e-Golf and the service representative knew this.

After five months of ownership I finally went back to the dealer to address a few issues. Among them was the universal Climatronic reset to 72F. I was told that was the standard default, but if I had it changed they could not change it back. That sounded a little odd, but since they wear gonna change it without any hassle I didn't say anything.

Note the invoice in the first link indicates "CUSTOMER IS AWARE ONE TIME NO CHARGE RESET". They never said that to me.

As the pic in the second link shows, the Climatronic now recalls the last setting before shutdown. Why VW didn't at least put this as a menu option I don't know. Love the fix.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qYmz7iIjGLOCiCGf2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p40JO6NqXFQlQEeE2

Tried several times with VCDS and no luck. I even posted at Ross Tech and no one seems to be able to do this with VCDS (at least with the 2018 models).

flyboy320 said:
Tried several times with VCDS and no luck. I even posted at Ross Tech and no one seems to be able to do this with VCDS (at least with the 2018 models).
Take it to a dealership. Use the key words. Use the tech tip number. Key words... Adaptation, Oasis, Window 5. Start up settings. Remember.

I see one minor mention of this possibly working on a 2018. Can anyone confirm?

I'll give it a host and try to provide update here and documentation if I can.

So, this thread is sort of dead, and the subject line doesn't specifically state anything beyond 2015-16 models, so I may start a new thread for 2017-'19 owners.
For anyone with 2018, this fix does NOT work on the 2018 model. I'll photo the service doc and TT issues in the new thread. Basically, there's a step "Select 09- Calibration" and press "Perform", then "Adaptation Channel 5..." (noted in this thread), however, the "08 - Calibration" item doesn't even appear in the menu. Tech felt my pain, agrees this is incredibly dumb. I got the TT printed and highlighted the section missing. I will pursue VW Customer Care and capture on new thread.

KaijinGaijinDesu said:
So, this thread is sort of dead, and the subject line doesn't specifically state anything beyond 2015-16 models, so I may start a new thread for 2017-'19 owners.
For anyone with 2018, this fix does NOT work on the 2018 model. I'll photo the service doc and TT issues in the new thread. Basically, there's a step "Select 09- Calibration" and press "Perform", then "Adaptation Channel 5..." (noted in this thread), however, the "08 - Calibration" item doesn't even appear in the menu. Tech felt my pain, agrees this is incredibly dumb. I got the TT printed and highlighted the section missing. I will pursue VW Customer Care and capture on new thread.

Keep us updated, I’ve been looking for a solution to this for over a year (MY2018). I have posted in the Rosstech forum, but no luck there either.

Will do, new thread started though. It's resolved for 2015-16...maybe 17, but I can confirm it is NOT fixed for 2018, and mostly likely 2019.
Let's leave this thread as solved though, and start with a new for later models.

Good question. I would also like to know. I tried to get the fix on my 2017 but my local dealer said it could not do it. When I told the service rep his dealer did this for my 2015 e-Golf, he suggested using a third party program change the setting. Kind of funny a VW representative tells a customer to modify his car using unofficial tools. OBDEleven just updated their iOS software today, and I will start looking into performing this fix on my car, since I do have a bit more free time than usual.

Anybody get it fixed with OBDeleven yet?
Here are some things I found online:
Actual VW Tech Tip
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10168338-0001.pdf
Someone on the Ross-Tech forum got it fixed.
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?14022-Changing-climatronic-on-e-Golf-to-remember-last-setting

I have been trawling the interwebs to find the answer. Has anyone managed to resolve this using OBDeleven? And how?

Back