golf inventory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vantagebox, thanks so much for your detailed post! And congratulations on your new car! :D

We checked out Hanlee's based on your previous post and Joe'l ended up being our guy too. You're right; talk about efficient! We too are doing the similar lease-payoff within 4 months at that crazy 5.9%, but working with him, he's still saving us a ton of money. He quoted us $22,999 for a 2019 white SE (all the blue and grays have sold out). Getting paperwork imminently and will be arranging transport soon. Our experience was seamless - he really knows his stuff. He provided really detailed information and his follow-up is excellent! Instead of being in a showroom last night, we were purchasing a car while I caught up on last week's "Killing Eve" and getting ice cream. I'll be sure to tell him about you (now that I know your name LOL!)

Fingers crossed it all goes through easily. Thank you so much, vantagebox!

Thanks, mpulsiv, for your feedback too. Good luck on the purchase. There are some good deals out there but you definitely need to hunt! Here in PDX, Herzog- Meier was willing to do $6K off, but they and Dick Hanna said that it was "aggressive". Not sure how some of these places can do $7.5K -$8K easily!

audball, glad I could help and congrats in advance - as long as you can get the loan, everything else will happen smoothly (until you deal with Oregon DMV that is...) btw, if that's $23K for an SE w/ DAP, that's a GREAT price! and yes, Joe'l is a great and very efficient guy.

Chris said:
Verbruggan said:
Alas, I am kinda psyched about my lil search tonight, because I might be the only dark green SE owner in the northeast. I don't see any fer sale out there!

Search jus' a little further inland. York (Pennsylvania) VW has one:

https://www.yorkvw.com/new-York-2019-Volkswagen-e+Golf-SE-WVWKR7AU6KW901995

I got my silver-white from the same dealership for $24k. The GFG is the same price online as my silver-white was.

--Chris

This GFG appears to be about $2,000 cheaper than I bought mine for just a month ago. If I were still in the market, I would offer $22,500 for it and I bet dollars to doughnuts they'd take it.

--Chris

I'm so confused. Great Falls Green isn't listed as an option for 2019 on VW's website. Is it not available in California for 2019? I've only seen one in real life and it looked like would have been a 2018 model based on the plate sequence number

Sparklebeard said:
I'm so confused. Great Falls Green isn't listed as an option for 2019 on VW's website. Is it not available in California for 2019? I've only seen one in real life and it looked like would have been a 2018 model based on the plate sequence number

it's 2018 model. Shame on VW to discontinue such a pretty color in 2019.

mpulsiv said:
Sparklebeard said:

The one linked above is listed as a 19 and has a 19 VIN :?: :?

Sparklebeard said:
mpulsiv said:
Sparklebeard said:

The one linked above is listed as a 19 and has a 19 VIN :?: :?

I started shopping for an e-Golf in spring of 2018 & was talking directly with a VW dealer owner about how "all the e-Golfs" were going to California & none were available in the northeast. He outright told me that being in a "green" Mt State, he knew that there were enough savvy consumers who would climb out of their Subies to buy em. VW-USA was routing them west (even though they landed in NJ). My shopping was put on hold while I was in Niedersachsen for 7 weeks last summer. Got back & once the kids were in school, I started a new job & I resumed my search. Still nothing on the lots in the NE, however the 2019's DID list the GFG in Oct & Nov. Which is why I was personally watching for them.

Fast forward to late January & I start seeing e-Golfs on the lots in southern New England. Black, White, Gray BORING (sorry if you like those colors, I don't). Then come end of January & on a whim, I did a autotrader. My wife spots a blue one. She likes it, I was like: OK lets go look at it. The day I went, Autotrader had ONE GFG down in MidAtlantic & I was like, THAT is the color I want. So when I get to the dealer, I ask the sales rep about GFG. He looks at the VW database & swears up & down it was not an available color. Yet I saw on the official VW site that was available & even saw one available earlier that day online. Seems there were also 2018's, but damnit all, I know I saw a 2019 listed...

Anyhow, my wife & I hemm & haww about the blue one & before we could commit, they sold it (oh well). Sales rep says he can get another Blue in 2-3 weeks. So while we wait....

I was at the VW dealer around the corner from my house & what is on their lot??? The GFG 2019 e-Golf.

I call the Sales rep at the dealer I was working with & said, "Are you sure that you cannot get GFG???" He says, "No." Well, lemme tell ya, I think that VW Corporate is holding out on ya....

Long story long is that the GFG is readily available in Germany for the entire model year. One only had to order it for PU from Wolfsburg (up until recently) with I think 5-6 wk from down payment to PickUp. For the North American shipments, the decision was made in late fall to only fulfill the 2019 model year with Black, White, Gray, silver, & Blue for SE & SEL. Because.....

The opening of online orders for the MEB platform in the German market was locked in at the end of the 4thQ. They needed to finalize the production run with parts logistics to start spitting out MEB's this fall (from the May 8th order start date).

So the decision to limit colors was a mid-year production shift. Hence why the Dec production is seeing GTI front end strakes & other subtlies.

Chris said:
Chris said:
Verbruggan said:
Alas, I am kinda psyched about my lil search tonight, because I might be the only dark green SE owner in the northeast. I don't see any fer sale out there!

Search jus' a little further inland. York (Pennsylvania) VW has one:

https://www.yorkvw.com/new-York-2019-Volkswagen-e+Golf-SE-WVWKR7AU6KW901995

I got my silver-white from the same dealership for $24k. The GFG is the same price online as my silver-white was.

--Chris

This GFG appears to be about $2,000 cheaper than I bought mine for just a month ago. If I were still in the market, I would offer $22,500 for it and I bet dollars to doughnuts they'd take it.

--Chris

I am in Portland, OR and looking for a new e-golf. I was able to get this GFG e-golf at York down to 23k, and apply the SCCA partner discount mentioned earlier to get it down to 22.5k. They mentioned the dealer discounts in PA are larger than OR so they couldn't go to 22.5k. I think if I were in PA you were probably right that they would have done 22.5k. I just finalized the paper work and am waiting for shipping! Shipping from PA to OR seems to be about 1.3k so all in about 23.8k. Thanks for the pointers and suggestions all! Excited to join the e-golf club!

I'm in the Portland area, and bought my new 2019 e-Golf SE today from Armstrong VW. I got a white one with the driver assist package.
I paid $21,990 plus .5% Oregon new car tax ($110) plus title and registration fees.
The low price was based on financing through VW Credit at 4.9% (I have a tier 1 credit rating).

With the federal tax credit ($7500) and the Oregon rebate ($2500 new car + $2500 charge ahead), my out of pocket will be less than $10k for a NEW ELECTRIC CAR!

The sales guy, Craig Hanley, said he'd do his best to get the same deal for anyone else interested. They still have a few left in stock. I don't know how long any of their incentives will last. They seem to change month to month.

I'm not Craig. Craig is the sales guy at the dealership.
I don't know how many they have in stock. They had six on the lot. But they park some of their inventory off-campus.

RayR said:
I'm in the Portland area, and bought my new 2019 e-Golf SE today from Armstrong VW. I got a white one with the driver assist package.
I paid $21,990 plus .5% Oregon new car tax ($110) plus title and registration fees.
The low price was based on financing through VW Credit at 4.9% (I have a tier 1 credit rating).

With the federal tax credit ($7500) and the Oregon rebate ($2500 new car + $2500 charge ahead), my out of pocket will be less than $10k for a NEW ELECTRIC CAR!

The sales guy, Craig Hanley, said he'd do his best to get the same deal for anyone else interested. They still have a few left in stock. I don't know how long any of their incentives will last. They seem to change month to month.

Congrats, awesome deal! Glad to see a Portland dealer finally coming around to this price.

egolfEr said:
did that price include the college and or partner discount.?
No discounts applied (Costco, College Grad, Partner Program, Fiends & Family, AARP, AAA, SCCA, etc)

they wouldn’t give me the same price said it was a mistake

at the same oregon dealership

you got a steal

Nah....dealers don't make mistakes when it comes to pricing a car.
That said, I'm a bit surprised they dismissed you so easily.
Maybe it was because I negotiated the price in person? I showed up at the dealership a couple times, so they knew I was serious. Maybe because I've bought cars there before?
Did you talk to Craig?
I wouldn't give up if you really want the car. Try again. Let them know what they're competing against. That car doesn't do them any good sitting on their lot. ;~)
Maybe it's time to call Hanlee's Hilltop VW as mentioned previously in this thread.
I'll also ask Craig about it if/when he calls me for his follow-up call.

As expected, there are no incentives during summer.
I checked with local dealer and www.vw.com/special-offers

Has anyone found a good deal since June 1st?

Back