used e-Golf values in Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosta

thinking of dealing / selling my eGolf ... 2017 ... Ontario with 11,000 ks on the clock wondering on the value or demand in this market ?

Kosta said:

now I will sell it - 15,000 kilometres Toronto Ontario area - black 2017 eGolf - larger info screen - leather interior - mats and tint on windows .. snows on rims $32000

Is the seat leatherette or leather? What did the window sticker say? Here in USA, you can not get an e-Golf with a leather seat, not sure about Canada.

JoulesThief said:
Is the seat leatherette or leather? What did the window sticker say? Here in USA, you can not get an e-Golf with a leather seat, not sure about Canada.
the VW letherette ... ;-)

Kosta said:
JoulesThief said:

Then don't say the seats are leather in your attempt to sell, when they aren't.

That's willful misrepresentation, and makes you look like a slimy, unethical used car dealer.

JoulesThief said:
Kosta said:
JoulesThief said:

Then don't say the seats are leather in your attempt to sell, when they aren't.

That's willful misrepresentation, and makes you look like a slimy, unethical used car dealer.

we call them leather up here because they are not cloth - and we do not have the molecular breakdown of the material used to simulate the seating surface known as leather ....

Kosta said:
we call them leather up here because they are not cloth - and we do not have the molecular breakdown of the material used to simulate the seating surface known as leather ....

"Leatherette" or "VW-tex" or "faux leather" or "vegan leather" is simply a euphemism for vinyl. Much nicer than the vinyl that came with many cars of the 70's and 80's, but still vinyl. And I agree with Joules, don't misrepresent the specs of your car when selling it. You wouldn't want someone to sell you what they call a Rolex, but turns out to be fake, just because it looks like a Rolex.

Specs DO differ often between cars sold in the US and Canada; for example, the Golf Alltrack in the US does NOT have real leather available, just leatherette, but the Canadian version ONLY comes with real leather seating.

If you don't know the difference between cow hide and petroleum based vinyl, for seating material, then say you don't know what the seat cover is made out of. Vinyl is that material your music was first recorded on, sometimes called a licorice pizza. Leather is animal based.... I don't think the Green crowd around here wants to be sitting on a dead animal skin.

Back