2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoulesThief said:
egolfEr said:
Anyone have any pricing on So Cal...I have tried all the dealers in San Diego, Irvine, Anaheim...trying to get them to match the NorCal quotes of $23.7+ttl....no one is budging. They will only do $25.5_ttl

Any So cal dealerships out there?

You have to go to where the deals and the dealerships are with the deals.

Just a fact of life, with VWoA. Gotta work for those deals, unless they happen to show up in your locale. VW is notorious for this.

Been to Las Vegas, San Diego, Salt Lake City, and Denver for lots of savings on every single new VW TDI I've ever bought. Fly in, drive home.

Car has a range of 125 miles...dealerships are 500 miles away. Paying shipping $1000 makes it about the same as local pricing.

egolfEr said:
JoulesThief said:
egolfEr said:
Anyone have any pricing on So Cal...I have tried all the dealers in San Diego, Irvine, Anaheim...trying to get them to match the NorCal quotes of $23.7+ttl....no one is budging. They will only do $25.5_ttl

Any So cal dealerships out there?

You have to go to where the deals and the dealerships are with the deals.

Just a fact of life, with VWoA. Gotta work for those deals, unless they happen to show up in your locale. VW is notorious for this.

Been to Las Vegas, San Diego, Salt Lake City, and Denver for lots of savings on every single new VW TDI I've ever bought. Fly in, drive home.

Car has a range of 125 miles...dealerships are 500 miles away. Paying shipping $1000 makes it about the same as local pricing.
But you will pay taxes and registration every single year on a car with a sales order that was $1000 less than local. That's 9.5% here in Los Angeles County. Figure out a way to get'er done. You have to work to earn the savings in life.

Driving for 5 days is not worth my time...lol...

Can any so cal follks share your pricing..the lowest I got was $25,500 at Murietta, which is $2k more than the Bay

Picked up my new eGolf with DAP tonight in Atlantic Blue from New Century VW in Glendale, CA. $23,891 selling price with a $500 VPP certificate from my employer and $26,595 OTD with my 9.5% tax. I took a 4.9% APR to shave an extra $400 off and will do the "pay it off in 4 months plan" thanks to all the tips I read on here. After tax credits and SCE rebates, $15.6K... a far cry from the $10K in Oregon and maybe I could have saved $500 by getting it shipped from the Bay Area, but Hanlees was out of blue SEs anyway. :)

I talked to 6 or 7 dealers around LA and this was the best deal I've seen in SoCal. Jonathan Mojica at New Century was easy to work with and said he would replicate for others through tomorrow (end of month), but I got the last SE on the lot so I'm not sure if that will help anyone else. Raffi Donoyan at Galpin VW in the valley offered an OTD price that was almost as good if you can't find what you want at New Century.

Thanks everyone for the price reports and tips!

Awesome deal. Congrats

I am about to give up on this...to much of a headache. No colors available expect black and everyone wants around$24k and are not giving the college credit or the partner program so easily. So cal dealers are charging $25.5 Bay area $23k but no colors, Oregon $23.3 but then the whole dmv thing becomes a bit harder.
Maybe they will have similar pricing towards fall.

Galpin did have blue, white and silver with DAP as of last night and quoted me $26.7K OTD if you take their financing. It would be a little over 27K without the VPP certificate. I didn't have time to figure out how to "import" from Oregon.

I have tried, numerous times with purchases to do a deal with Galpin for many of my TDI's. I've been unsuccessful, every single time. I now refuse to take any of my VW's in there for service, their service writers IMHO are not trustworthy, and pad the bill. Sorry, I just can't recommend Galpin, I do what I can to stay away.

does anyone have any idea if next month offers will be better or worse for purchase?

Well what a difference a few hours makes. Got 2 Egolfs from VW of Oakland.... SE w/DAP for $23,500 before any rebates. Though not the lowest, they had the most colors...and I was able to buy 2 x 2019 eGolfs SE w/DAP in the Iridium Gray...they had every single color. Will Ship to So Cal next week sometime. Hanlees was an really nice dealership, without bad salesman...but all they had left was black. The Oregon dealership were not to interested in selling...and some dmv hassles bringing them into California. So we went with Oakland VW..and just made our expiring utility rebate deadline today.
Want to thank everyone for their help and sharing their buying experience.

$33,475.00 MSRP
$23,500.00 Negotiated price
-$7,500.00 Fed Rebate
-$2,500.00 CA State Rebate
-$2,500.00 Employer Rebate
-$500.00 Utility Rebate
$0.00 College Grad
-$500.00 Partner Cert
$0.00 Military
$10,000.00
$412.00 fees (dmv, registration)
$1,770.00 tax
$12,182.00 total

egolfEr said:
Well what a difference a few hours makes. Got 2 Egolfs from VW of Oakland.... SE w/DAP for $23,500 before any rebates. Though not the lowest, they had the most colors...and I was able to buy 2 x 2019 eGolfs SE w/DAP in the Iridium Gray...they had every single color. Will Ship to So Cal next week sometime. Hanlees was an really nice dealership, without bad salesman...but all they had left was black. The Oregon dealership were not to interested in selling...and some dmv hassles bringing them into California. So we went with Oakland VW..and just made our expiring utility rebate deadline today.

$33,475.00 MSRP
-$7,500.00 Fed Rebate
-$500.00 Utility Rebate
$0.00 College Grad
-$500.00 Partner Cert
$0.00 Military
$10,000.00
$1,770.00 tax
$12,182.00 total

Well done! Now just pray they don't offer a better package price for the month of June or July. ;-)

I just got this deal as well. Hanlee's Hilltop in Richmond put $10k on the hood if I financed with VW.

So mine worked out like so:
$33,440.00 MSRP
$23,440.00 Negotiated price
$25,803.00 Total financed (including tax, fees, etc)
~-$5,000.00 Fed Rebate (depends on our tax situation next year)
-$4,500.00 CA State Rebate (just barely qualified as "low/moderate income")
-$800.00 Utility Rebate
$15,503.00 total
(add to that a few hundred $ for installing L2 charger at our house, plus maybe $1-2k in financing charges depending on how fast we pay it off)

That's not too bad I think. I was originally looking for a used 2016 off-lease for about $12k, but then I found this deal. My wife took one drive and decided it was going to be her car! So, I also just found a 2016 SE with 28k miles for $10,400 and grabbed it. Now we are a 2 e-Golf family!

(this is my first post on myvwegolf.com!)

zanzabar said:
Now we are a 2 e-Golf family!

(this is my first post on myvwegolf.com!)
Welcome to the e-Golf family! They are great cars and very fun to drive and own.

egolfEr said:

$33,475.00 MSRP
-$7,500.00 Fed Rebate
-$500.00 Utility Rebate
$0.00 College Grad
-$500.00 Partner Cert
$0.00 Military
$10,000.00
$1,770.00 tax
$12,182.00 total

Just a quick update...a local dealer called back after a couple of days and matched the offer from the bay. I called the bay area dealer...and let them know I wasnt going to move forward, so they offered to pay for shipping down to So Cal for 2 eGolfs. Just sharing this...as dealers always have some cushion left, once you think you have negotiated them down to the bone :)

egolfEr said:
Just sharing this...as dealers always have some cushion left, once you think you have negotiated them down to the bone :)

And once you've flayed them down to the bone, all that means is it's time to grab the bone saw :cool:

Nice way of putting it :)

This happened by accident..not by any great negotiating skills that I can take credit for :)

Hi all,

First post :D

egolfEr- would you mind sharing which local dealer matched the price?

I’m moving from Bay Area to SoCal next month and getting an E-Golf is on my list of things to do before the year's end.

This thread has been very helpful.

Thank you!

How to get employer rebate? 2500 is a lot of money and I just wonder how I could get it too.

Back