New eGolf for $23,000. Is this legitimate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chloebear55 said:
Sparklebeard said:
JoulesThief said:
Only the Federal $7500 is a tax credit, that same stuff green people bitch about the oil companies getting too.

Keep in mind, electricity is a utility... if there are power outages from everyone running their AC's at home on the grid, charging your electric vehicle will be the first to be chopped, in terms of permissions to consume electricity. There will be no such nonsense for petroleum powered cars that run on a free market source of energy.

What the hell are you on about? Why are you spreading FUD about electric cars? How many times has your utility blocked you from charging your car at home? Why did you bring up oil companies in this discussion?

Your post added nothing to the conversation.

Totally agreed. Seemed wildly off topic and irrelevant.

Yes, I read it a few times, and had no idea how this pertains to the OPs subject.

Small update....if you live in CA..the State rebate of $2500 has ran out of money as of June 5. If you buy an ev you still may be eligible, if you qualify based on income. The State government may elect to add more funds for 2019( this is what I am told has happened in the past).

egolfEr said:
Small update....if you live in CA..the State rebate of $2500 has ran out of money as of June 5. If you buy an ev you still may be eligible, if you qualify based on income. The State government may elect to add more funds for 2019( this is what I am told has happened in the past).

Not quite accurate. Any applications received on or after June 5, 2019 are put on a waitlist, except for qualified lower-income applicants (no waitlist for those). Qualified applicants on the waitlist will receive payment if the project receives more funding from the State of California.

Having said that, the State has routinely replenished those funds by end of summer for the last several years so those who were placed on the waitlist did get their checks.

I sent my application in on 4/25/19 so it's not on the waitlist, but it's still in queue to be reviewed.

As a side note, my PG&E EV rebate application was submitted 4/25/19, and was just approved today.

johnnylingo said:
egolfEr said:
what is scca discount?

Sports Car Club of America. I haven't heard of them doing any discounts for the e-Golf, just the Golf R. But worth looking in to.

Also do basic Googling to check for any city/county and local utility rebates. Here in Santa Cruz there's currently a $800 rebate for PG&E customers (don't know how long that'll be around since they're going bankrupt) and a Monterey and Santa Cruz county rebate that's very limited time.

SCCA is a partner company, so if you don’t have a partner company code, you can join SCCA and get the $500 partner program discount.

Back