2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Employer rebate is based on whether or not your employer is offering this as an employee benefit. This is certainly a ymmv.

2019 VW Golf SEL Premium bought in the first week of June 2019.

$30, 419.58 (Price after dealer discount and Rebate)
+ $1,873.12 (State & Local Taxes)
+ $357.00 (License and Fees)
+ $299.00 (Documentation Fee)

We could put $5K on our credit card and the rest was financed at 5.9%.

For those who are wondering what you get for the SEL (as far as I can tell):
- Heat pump
- Driver Assistance Package (Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pedestrian Monitoring, Forward Collision Warning & Autonomous Emergency Braking)
- Lane Keeping Assist
- LED headlight
- Light assist
- Adaptive Front-lighting System
- Parking sensors
- Digital Cockpit
- Interior ambient light
- 9 inch screen w/ gesture control
- Navigation
- Self Parking
- Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Leatherette seating

We came from a leased 2015 e-Golf SEL (lease was ending after extending it twice for 6 months), which had a heat pump and parking sensors (and Leatherette seating).

For us, the heat pump, the DAP, and the parking sensors were high on the priority list. The Adaptive Front-lightning System turned out to be a real improvement (it would be a high priority feature now). The Digital Cockpit is really cool (for anyone who likes a gadget - it turns out, i interact with the digital cockpit more than I used to with the smaller LED screen in our last e-Golf) and Leatherette seating was nice to have. As other posters have noted, there seems to be a $7K difference between the SE and SEL.

Negotiated mostly via texts with Ourisman Volkswagen of Bethesda, MD. Very responsive without any games. A completely different experience than our first lease (we got that one in Gaithersburg, MD).

Hope this helps.

ElectricTerrapin said:

2) How much did the dealer discount the car? (Not counting the $1150 all channel cash from VW or the $7500 from the feds.)
3) Which other dealers did you try for this purchase?

furiouschads said:
ElectricTerrapin said:

2) How much did the dealer discount the car? (Not counting the $1150 all channel cash from VW or the $7500 from the feds.)

Completely different structure when leasing. These numbers won't apply to you, because they bought the car, didn't lease it.

furiouschads said:
ElectricTerrapin said:

1) They had no clue. Just like everyone else that I asked. Do you know how to get credible information on future budget allocations?

2) I have no idea what the specific dealer discounts were. Here's one way to look at it:
$40,040.00 MRSP price (included destination fee, rear bumper plate, cargo net)
-$30,419.58 Price before TTL

3) I tried King Volkswagen first. Terrible experience. I will not go there again.

I agree with the previous poster, that the numbers will look differently when leasing. But, please do post your deal if you do end up leasing. I've looked for a lease deal, but couldn't find a good one.

ElectricTerrapin said:
- Driver Assistance Package (Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pedestrian Monitoring, Forward Collision Warning & Autonomous Emergency Braking)

Close. The Driver Assistance Package on the SE models has those features as well.

Adding to your list, the SEL's entertainment system will also play DVD's.

2016golfse said:
ElectricTerrapin said:

Close. The Driver Assistance Package on the SE models has those features as well.

Adding to your list, the SEL's entertainment system will also play DVD's.

The SEL also has:

• adaptive headlights (which are way more useful than I expected them to be)
  • automatic rain-sensing intermittent wipers (also very useful)
  • Not just LED headlights but also taillights, and accent lights

I could be wrong, but I don't think the 2019 SE got any of these added as standard. Just the DAP and the CCS DCFC capability.

For the SEL models, those LED taillights cost an arm and a leg, if someone does a hit and run on you, and you have to pay out of pocket, vs regular incandescent. Same for the LED headlights, if someone inadvertently backs into you. Call up a VW dealership and ask the parts manager for replacement costs.

Just saying, so you know, before you cry how expensive they are with your insurance deductible.

Previous post is wrong. All 2017+ e-Golfs have LED tail lights (SE, LE, and SEL). Coming from an SEL with LED headlamps, the LED illumination is FAR superior to my 2017 LE halogen headlamps. If you drive a lot at night, the LED headlamps are an important safety feature that could prevent a crash, far outweighing the cost of upgrading the headlamps to OEM LED parts (which I will consider at some point in the future).

JoulesThief said:
For the SEL models, those LED taillights cost an arm and a leg, if someone does a hit and run on you, and you have to pay out of pocket, vs regular incandescent. Same for the LED headlights, if someone inadvertently backs into you. Call up a VW dealership and ask the parts manager for replacement costs.

Just saying, so you know, before you cry how expensive they are with your insurance deductible.

The LED tails barely cost more than the halogens. Even importing European dynamic tails isn’t much more expensive than the halogens. Regardless of type of tail light, if you take enough damage to hit one then you’ve also taken panel damage that will exceed the insurance deductible anyway. So it doesn’t matter.

The AFS headlights are extremely expensive as well, but again, the cost of any front end damage sustained by such an impact would exceed the deductible regardless of headlight type.

The headlights in particular are safety devices so it’s not really appropriate to just dismiss them based on insurance concerns.

Perhaps you would find some more like minded people on the mybasemodeltoyotacorolla.com forums as that seems to be a good choice for a no frills, cheap reliable vehicle

Hi All,

I'm about to pay 25.5k for golf in iridium grey in San Diego. Seems like a decent deal in SoCal considering other prices in this thread. Can get dealer info if you want it.

manybees said:
The SEL also has:

• adaptive headlights (which are way more useful than I expected them to be)
  • automatic rain-sensing intermittent wipers (also very useful)
  • Not just LED headlights but also taillights, and accent lights

I could be wrong, but I don't think the 2019 SE got any of these added as standard. Just the DAP and the CCS DCFC capability.

1) Adaptive headlights was already mentioned in ElectricTerrapin's post, so I didn't repeat it.
2) Rain sensing automatic wipers was standard on every E-Golf since 2015 regardless of trim.
3) All 2017+ got LED taillights. Every E-Golf has interior LED lighting. The SEL's have additional interior ambient lighting (footwell and door trim).
4) CCS Level 3 is standard on 2019 SE's. DAP is an option on 2019 SE's, although most are equipped with it.

f1geek said:
Coming from an SEL with LED headlamps, the LED illumination is FAR superior to my 2017 LE halogen headlamps. If you drive a lot at night, the LED headlamps are an important safety feature that could prevent a crash, far outweighing the cost of upgrading the headlamps to OEM LED parts (which I will consider at some point in the future).

I agree wholeheartedly with the lack of brightness for the halogens, which is why I added HID's. See my review here:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...w-deAutoLED-H7RC-HID-in-2019-e-Golf-SE-Mk-7-5

Re MD excise tax credit:

My experience 3 years ago when I leased a Volt was that the money was used up for that fiscal year. MVA wouldn't put new requests into a waiting list for payment when the funding was replenished. If you applied when the money was available, great. If not, too bad, end of story.

Looks like money is gone but they now are using a wait list. http://www.mva.maryland.gov/about-mva/info/27300/27300-71T.htm

My friends and I are buying multiple 2019 e-Golf SE in Bay Area.

Anyone want to join? Please PM me.

Thanks.

SF bayarea purchase at $10,500 off today. I believe better can be had but stock seems to be getting low and didn't want to risk it.
Now I'm having remorse on getting the extended maintenance. This is my first ev so still learning. Is the premium for piece of mind warranted or is third party service just the same?

Thanks

bjwong731 said:
SF bayarea purchase at $10,500 off today. I believe better can be had but stock seems to be getting low and didn't want to risk it.
Now I'm having remorse on getting the extended maintenance. This is my first ev so still learning. Is the premium for piece of mind warranted or is third party service just the same?

Thanks

Congrats! SE or SEL? Which colour?

bjwong731 said:

Thanks

Maybe they have a boatload or two of 2020 models arriving in July or August?

Back