Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Battery degradation over time in cool climate
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 am 

I am in the process of purchasing a 2019 Egolf Se with DAP from Bay area. We plan on sending it to our home in Las Vegas and want to get opinions from those in the know. Has anyone heard of battery issues from high heat ( vegas varies in summer from 95 - 110). This car will be used as a daily commuter for under 100 miles daily and charged in the evening when temps are typically around 80-90 degrees. I will install a level 2 charger but will start off with factory 110 plug in until i can find the best charger and a qualified electrician to install.

Unfortunately the E-golf isn't sold here but i'm assuming since it is sold and warrantied in California, places like Palm Springs and the sort that have similar high heat weather as Vegas, this vehicle should perform per VW specs.

I will take any and all advise, since I will be purchasing on Tuesday for shippment on Friday.

PS, I followed some posts on costs and I am paying $22,750 out the door price plus shipping. Is that about right or can a still push for a better deal

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 pm 

See my response in your other duplicate thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 am 

pjh11 wrote:
I will take any and all advise, since I will be purchasing on Tuesday for shippment on Friday.

PS, I followed some posts on costs and I am paying $22,750 out the door price plus shipping. Is that about right or can a still push for a better deal

Peter

Hi Peter,

Sorry I can't help you with the weather related query as I am in the Bay Area. But I was wondering if you could share the purchase details. I am looking to purchase this week and I could really use more info on what the breakdown of your price was. What was the price before TTL? And what dealer?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:40 pm 

Vlad at Hayward was excellent when I got mine. Sunnyvale offered to match the price but treated me like a time waster because I came in without emailing them first, so I vetoed them.

Stevens Creek tried to play games with the price and only admittedly they would have matched the price after I had already bought from Hayward. Capitol tried to sell me a 2018 for the price of a 2019, vetoed and on my shit list now, boardwalk kept trying to sell me a GTI (??!)

My price isn’t super relevant because it was an SEL but I would recommend contacting Hayward for a quote. The first price they offered me was the lowest I got from anyone ($30,900 + TTL and didn’t require VW Credit financing, but was end of March)

Edit: got the preowned 2016 at Oakland and was very unhappy with the after sales support so can’t recommend Oakland either.