Driver seat is very uncomfortable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
Just bought a 2019 egolf se over the weekend.
So far the car is great except for one thing: the driver car seat.
I am coming from SUV and van.
The position from those cars are more up right.
I am about 5’ 6.5” and weights about 150lb.
For the golf,
I have been making many adjustments but can’t get it right.
After sitting for about 20 min, my left leg feels a little numb as well as my left hand. My shoulder is also aching. I feel that the seat is very small and firm. It’s pinching my nerve somewhere. I am currently looking to buy some cushions to see if it can be better.

Does anyone have similar problem or have any suggestions?

Sorry to hear. I love the e-golf seating position and I think the seats are super supportive and comfortable. I weight 160 lbs and am 5'11" tall. Maybe you haven't adjusted everything correctly?

Try this:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/how-to-adjust-your-drivers-seat/

Best of luck!

I'm 6' 5" and 250#, and the e-Golf, even at my size, is completely comfortable. You, at your size, have many more options than me. Something besides the seat needs to be adjusted. Probably you, by a chiropractor.

Have you ever been injured in a car accident before, or another type of accident? Do you have any pre existing conditions?

Study the owners manual for all the adjustment features of the seat, and see if you can raise it some?

Maybe move the seat further foward to lift your legs and prevent the compression from the weight of your legs on the bottom of your thighs, and instead transfer it to the heels of your feet, and shoes?

The seats on our E-Golfs are actually super supportive and comfortable. I esp like the fact the cushion is extra long and gives extra support to thighs and the lower back. As others have stated, you likely need to adjust it to fit your body type. Don't give up until you find the right position. Try pumping the height up and down and also play with the lumber support.

I have had two e-Golfs - 2015 SEL and 2017 SE and the seats are probably the best of any car I have ever owned. I am 6'-4" and 230 pounds.

Back