2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eGolfJoe said:
Had an unpleasant surprise when I added the eGolf to our insurance. $1K more per year to insure this eGolf over my Jetta. $500 more than the wife's now 1 year old 2018 Mazda 3 which we bought new.

Was the Mazda of a similar MSRP?

eGolfJoe said:
JoulesThief said:
Coming from a TDI, you're in for range shock from your e-Golf.
Oh I know, hence why I was going back and forth on whether to buy one or not. Also going to miss bombing down the freeway doing 85-90 like it was nothing.

If you want more range from your e-Golf, I really do suggest ( and I live in the Valley), that you slow it down to 55 or 60 mph in the e-Golf

I kept the cruise control at 70. It was a nice compromise to not be the slowest car on the commute and also returned 4.2 KW/mi on the way to work and 4.4KW/mi on the way home (with the AC running).

Anyone else beside me think it's looks kludgey under the hood? Looks a bit like a homebrew EV car. (FWIW the 2019 doesn't have a plastic VW emblem cover under the hood) And the menagerie of coolant hoses going everywhere!

Since when does traffic get up to 55 on a Los Angeles freeway

There are moments :) Usually Saturday morning on the way to San Gabriel for dim sum it's 85-90 the whole way.

Had an unpleasant surprise when I added the eGolf to our insurance. $1K more per year to insure this eGolf over my Jetta. $500 more than the wife's now 1 year old 2018 Mazda 3 which we bought new.

Wait until you see the registration renewal fees next year. Ouch!

Sparklebeard said:
eGolfJoe said:

~ $7K less

eGolfJoe said:
Sparklebeard said:
eGolfJoe said:

~ $7K less

You might want to get some other insurance quotes. It's only costing me $600/year to insure the eGolf with Geico with pretty conservative coverage.

djsd said:
You might want to get some other insurance quotes. It's only costing me $600/year to insure the eGolf with Geico with pretty conservative coverage.

I figured out it's because our daughter is on our policy and though it's not her primary car, they 'peanut butter' spread her across all the cars.

Having 5 vehicles on our policy (after adding the eGolf) for 1 year on all the total went from $2980 to $4000.
Geico for the same insurance, same drivers (3 people, one of which has her license less than 3 years) was $5100.

I also got a quote from Liberty Mutual and it was over $7K for the same policy.

No tickets, no accidents, good driver, good student, multi car discount. Ugh! Will at least save some $$ when the Jetta comes off.

try ameriprise ..they are very reasonable. We have 2 evs and a gas car..$1100 year You can also creat a separate policy with just the car your teenager is driving with 1 parent. Put the other cars on a different policy.

Would I experience any issue canceling my prepaid maintenance? Docs say I can cancel within 60 days but am concerned about unknown gotchas as they lowered the finance to sweeten the deal.

I was charged separately but the plan is noted on the contract.

Thanks.

bjwong731 said:
Would I experience any issue canceling my prepaid maintenance? Docs say I can cancel within 60 days but am concerned about unknown gotchas as they lowered the finance to sweeten the deal.

Thanks.

As far as the rest of the deal? Quite unlikely. If you read carefully, you'll notice there's never anything in your contract about your finance rate being contigent upon you buying some other product or service that's unrelated, but you often hear the Finance and Insurance guy say something like "If you bought this extended warranty, I could give you a better rate." Servic e contracts and extended warranties are big money makers for dealerships.

I have cancelled multiple service contracts that I took out solely because the F&I guy was being a sleazeball and offered me a lower rate contingent on the purchase of said contract. Never had a problem.

Spektre said:
bjwong731 said:

Thanks.

As far as the rest of the deal? Quite unlikely. If you read carefully, you'll notice there's never anything in your contract about your finance rate being contigent upon you buying some other product or service that's unrelated, but you often hear the Finance and Insurance guy say something like "If you bought this extended warranty, I could give you a better rate." Servic e contracts and extended warranties are big money makers for dealerships.

I have cancelled multiple service contracts that I took out solely because the F&I guy was being a sleazeball and offered me a lower rate contingent on the purchase of said contract. Never had a problem.

Thank you Spektre!

Got insurance quote, $638/six month. That is more than our 18 GLC. We have State Farm.

Are there coverage recommendations for the golf/EVs?

I just got a $909/year policy for my new 2019 e-Golf SE, with good coverages, 100,000/300,000. In Massachusetts. Anyone wants I will send in your email for a referral. I get points, I think you get something too.

Anyone is welcome to PM me for more info. But you can just call or use the link. I get points if you tell them you were referred, just give my account number: N1596396.

I have been an Amica customer for about 10 years, with my 2015 e-Golf and Diesel Jetta before that. Several accidents, (not my fault!) and Amica was amazingly responsive in handling them. And were very helpful in getting the paperwork to the dealer for my 2019 e-Golf. Also highly CR rated. Start with this link and go from there. And let me know if it works out.

Amica Insurance
referring account N1596396
http://bit.ly/2JpUncl

And let me know if it works out.

We got a great deal at Niello VW in Sacramento. $10800 off MSRP!! Combine that with Fed and State incentives made it a no brainer.

Can anyone in a non-ZEV state weigh in on the legitimacy of the pricing I'm finding and how they went about buying out-of-state?

Got an quote for a 2019 SE from a dealer in MD for $25921+ TTL but when I informed them that I'd be registering the vehicle across the Potomac in VA they said that I would not be eligible for $6500 in incentives to receive that price as the program "explicitly says that you must register the vehicle in one of the states listed or the incentive isn't applicable." Another dealer in MD had a similar statement to the effective of "if you're registering in VA, we can do 2-3k off MSRP." That would put both quotes in the high 20s. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a used 2016 if I can get a new 2019 for only a few thousand more (after federal tax credit).

What have other people found when shopping for these vehicles across state lines? Was anyone able to successfully negotiate a significant discount despite not having their vehicle count toward the purchasing state's "quota" of ZEV vehicles? Has anyone successfully bought from WAY out of state? Like East coasters buying from out west and having the vehicle shipped? If the price is right, it's something I'd consider...

Do you have a friend on the "correct" side of the state line and can use their address? You will probably have to get a Driver's License from Maryland too, but that seems like a small price to pay for the discount. After the transaction is complete, they can't keep you from registering it in VA.

On the topic of differences in feel or build quality between the 2016 and 2019s, I will add my experience after having owned both for 2 months: the 2019 has more road noise in the cabin than the 2016 does. They both feel solid, but our new 2019 definitely is louder on the road. But on the other hand the DAP in the 2019 is amazing!

zanzabar said:
On the topic of differences in feel or build quality between the 2016 and 2019s, I will add my experience after having owned both for 2 months: the 2019 has more road noise in the cabin than the 2016 does. They both feel solid, but our new 2019 definitely is louder on the road. But on the other hand the DAP in the 2019 is amazing!

check the sound insulation under the trunk floor. I heard that the 2019 Golf R omits insulation there and results in more road noise. my 2019 e-Golf DOES have this insulation, but they may have changed it mid run.

if that is missing, it should be easy to install some to get a quieter cabin again!

Before trading in my 2015 compared it to 2019 for noise. Same or 2029 was quieter. Hard to tell. Pure contact on 2015 Bridgestone on 2019

Back