2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the price off Elk Grove Volkswagen was offering for the SE as well. They had a Blue SE w/ DAP that I inquired about prior to buying the SEL which looks to be gone now. We didn't want it in Blue. If they offered more, I would have considered it.

Of note, the GM at Niello said the guy that offered me the $10,788 off went a couple hundred beyond what he would have offered, which was his reasoning declining more some minor accessories ( and even a little more in trade in value).

Dogglepuss said:
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I've been trying to wheel and deal with Niello as well. Going back and forth and they won't go less than $9400 off for me on an SE. Maybe a bit more profit to be had with the SEL? Hmm.

g0rwell said:
Dogglepuss said:
Hey g0rwell, don't hold out on us. Which dealer gave you the deal in Sac?

It was Niello Volkswagen.

UPDATE 8/20/19

Well, all is well that ends well...
Sent an inquiry to 5 dealers, and Joe Couch at Armstrong in Gladstone (OR) was the only one to respond with actual answers.
A bit of good natured back and forth and left with a 2019 SEL for $28,475 (MSRP $39,925) plus license / title before the fed and state incentives. Opted for the pre-paid maintenance and dent / ding coverage as they were priced very well. Purchase @ 4.9% over 60 months but will re-fi after 3 months.
The gave me the pick of colors and being boring went with the white and tan interior.
Thank you all for the great posts and advise on here which made me a well educated customer.

7.5 months after I returned my 2016 SE lease, I'm back in the family. I'm cut-and-pasting a message I just posted to the Slickdeals thread mentioned earlier in this topic:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13163326-21-000-off-msrp-2019-volkswagen-egolf-w-driver-s-assistance-package-125-mile-epa-range-final-price-10-000-13-500

-----

I just purchased a 2019 eGolf SE w/DAP for $24810.60 out the door.

I'm in the SF Bay Area. After I reached out to a dozen local dealers, three of them offered the same low price and none would go lower. Those three dealers were Sonnen (San Rafael), Oakland, and Team Hayward. I bought it from Oakland because Sonnen didn't have the color I wanted and Hayward was farther away.

As others have described, the price was contingent on financing the car through the dealer and making at least four payments before paying it off. That will add about $60 a month in interest to the cost.

The numbers:
$33,475 MSRP
- $11,000 off ($10,500 dealer discount + $500 discount for SCCA membership)
= $22,475 negotiated price
+ $85 document charge
+ $1917.60 sales tax
+ $30 electronic vehicle registration
+ $146 vehicle license fee
+ $157 registration fee
= $24,810.60 out the door
plus $240+ in interest until I pay off the loan

I personally will get the $7500 Federal rebate and $800 PG&E rebate, bringing the cost down to about $16750. Possibly I'll get the $2500 California rebate as well.

cctop said:
The numbers:
$33,475 MSRP
- $11,000 off ($10,500 dealer discount + $500 discount for SCCA membership)
= $22,475 negotiated price
+ $85 document charge
+ $1917.60 sales tax
+ $30 electronic vehicle registration
+ $146 vehicle license fee
+ $157 registration fee
= $24,810.60 out the door
plus $240+ in interest until I pay off the loan

I personally will get the $7500 Federal rebate and $800 PG&E rebate, bringing the cost down to about $16750. Possibly I'll get the $2500 California rebate as well.

Could. you elaborate on what this SCCA discount is? I also purchased from Oakland couple of months ago at $10,500 off but I was not aware of this additional discount.

Also, I am sure you are aware the $2500 state rebate prevents you from getting carpool tags. It is one or the other.

coupedncal1 said:
Also, I am sure you are aware the $2500 state rebate prevents you from getting carpool tags. It is one or the other.

That is completely untrue. If your single income is over $150K or joint filing income is over $300K, you don't qualify for the $2500 rebate but still can get the sticker. If you're income is below these thresholds, you get both the sticker and the rebate.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal#q6

coupedncal1 said:
Could. you elaborate on what this SCCA discount is? I also purchased from Oakland couple of months ago at $10,500 off but I was not aware of this additional discount.

For more information, click the link to Slickdeals in my post above.

You can get $500 off for being a member of the VW Partner Program. One of the partners is the Sports Car Club of America which anybody can join for a small fee.

All thanks should be directed towards board user egolfEr who started the Slickdeals thread.

2016golfse said:
coupedncal1 said:

That is completely untrue. If your single income is over $150K or joint filing income is over $300K, you don't qualify for the $2500 rebate but still can get the sticker. If you're income is below these thresholds, you get both the sticker and the rebate.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal#q6

Thank you for correcting me. I appreciate it.

SCCA PARTNER CERTIFICATE is only valid if you have been a member in good standing for a minimum of 30 days. This is to prevent you from signing up and using the benefit on day 1. I have verified this with multiple dealers in 3 different states.

VigneshPoondari said:
SCCA PARTNER CERTIFICATE is only valid if you have been a member in good standing for a minimum of 30 days. This is to prevent you from signing up and using the benefit on day 1. I have verified this with multiple dealers in 3 different states.

Recent buyer from MD here - this was absolutely NOT the case for me. Signed up for the membership on the day I was scheduled to buy the car, printed both the Certificate and the Proof of Membership, and presented when picking up the car. No questions asked.

I'm in Illinois so am ineligible to get the $10k off MSRP deal on the new 2019 eGolf. If anyone within 600-800 miles of Chicago (NJ, MD, DC, etc) wants to get a new one and sell their 2017.5 or 2018, please let me know!

Hello All,

Just purchased my White 2019 E Golf SE W/ DAP!

Details/Facts:

MSRP $33,575

Price Paid: $25,800 OTD

23,545.69 Before TTL

Rebate Based on Financing through VW Credit @ 5.9% ... Yuck - Will pay off when rebates come to Fruition

Federal Offset - $7500
CA Rebate - $4500
Local Utility - $599

FInal Tally = STOKED $13,201 out of pocket

Niello Volkswagen Sacramento - only about 5 left at this price, if you're interested move fast!

Sales Rep - Vincent Vale

Best of Luck out there!

Congrats! You did great! You might consider contacting your local credit union to learn if they could refinance the VW Credit loan at a lower rate even if you plan to pay it off in a year or less.

Szyszka said:
VigneshPoondari said:

Recent buyer from MD here - this was absolutely NOT the case for me. Signed up for the membership on the day I was scheduled to buy the car, printed both the Certificate and the Proof of Membership, and presented when picking up the car. No questions asked.
Another confirmation. I did the same thing a few weeks ago on a new SportWagen (I've been shopping for another e-golf but the Volvo wagon that was my long drive car when I had the e-golf finally pushed me over the edge). The dealer had never heard of it but accepted it after making a few calls.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility#LMI

$2500 for Qualified, Extra $2000 for "Low Income" for which I qualified due to Head Count of Kids!

Oh interesting. I did not know they took in to account number of dependents, but here's the new guidelines.

This creates really bizarre scenarios because a single parent making $130k a year with 8 kids gets $4500 but the same person gets nothing if their income is over $150k. But that's the government for you.

Also didn't know they increased the "low income" bonus from $3500 to $4500.

Hey All,

Just purchased a White 2019 E Golf SE W/ DAP (in Bay Area)!

Breakdown:
MSRP $33,575
Price Paid: $24,550 OTD
$22,075.00 Before TTL

Rebates:
Dealer incentive: $11,000.00 OFF MSRP.
VW Partner Program: $500.00

Also just bought one this past weekend:

SE w/DAP - $33575
-$11000 mark off
-$500 new grad
-$500 VW partnership

$21575+TTL
-$7500 FED
-$2500 CA
-$3000 San Joaquin County Clean Air Initiative
-$800 PG&E

Total $10332.93 after TTL :eek: :lol:

Hi there, did your deal include any other incentives like a $500 VW Partnership Discount or anything like that?

Angryjanitor said:
Hello All,

Details/Facts:

MSRP $33,575

23,545.69 Before TTL

Rebate Based on Financing through VW Credit @ 5.9% ... Yuck - Will pay off when rebates come to Fruition

Federal Offset - $7500
CA Rebate - $4500
Local Utility - $599

Niello Volkswagen Sacramento - only about 5 left at this price, if you're interested move fast!

Sales Rep - Vincent Vale

Best of Luck out there!

Dogglepuss said:
Hi there, did your deal include any other incentives like a $500 VW Partnership Discount or anything like that?

Angryjanitor said:
Hello All,

Details/Facts:

MSRP $33,575

23,545.69 Before TTL

Federal Offset - $7500
CA Rebate - $4500
Local Utility - $599

Sales Rep - Vincent Vale

Best of Luck out there!

Yes they gave me the $500 Company Affiliate Discount

Back